Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a new sound system installed, and am having trouble finding a place for a 4channel amp. I want to place it out of the way, but space is tight. Under the front seats isn't an option, and with the spare, there isn't any room under the cargo area.

I fold the seats down and take my dog to work with me everyday, so I don't want to place it where it can be damaged. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
in the hatch under the carpet, cut some of the styrophome to make it fit and not giggle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that, but it would require removing the spare. Quality 4channel amps are fairly large.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks nice, RudeJr. I want it completely stealth, so I think I'm going to just remove the spare and put the amp under the cargo area in its place. Should be nice with the Jehnert setup in the doors...

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
How do you dissipate the heat?
by not mounting it in a closed compartment.

I ran my 800 watt in the foam and never had any problems, your mileage may vary.

the cig lighter/12v outlet in the hatch makes for a nice remote turn-on source.

Can't remember how much room is under the rear sear but it's not much. You might be able to fit something super flat under there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
by not mounting it in a closed compartment.

I ran my 800 watt in the foam and never had any problems, your mileage may vary.

the cig lighter/12v outlet in the hatch makes for a nice remote turn-on source.

Can't remember how much room is under the rear sear but it's not much. You might be able to fit something super flat under there.
Thanks, I forgot about the outlet back there. I was thinking maybe a false floor would work even better. Does anyone have photos of one in their GTI?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i like the false floor option

i have all my air ride stuff under a false floor

also have my amp under there but the box is on top

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.