Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am 16 and am buying a gti soon so i dont have enough for the r32 :'(... so i was thinkin about a all wheel drive gti cause it would b so fast off the line. but 4 get tht 14-16 grand holy shit

·
Registered
747 Posts
it would also weigh down the car so it actually wouldn't be that fast
Like dragon said, get an R32. you can prob find a used 04 for a decent price tag now a days

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Used for a decent price? As a salesman recently told me, "The car still sells for over 20 grand."

And as for parts and labor... My buddies r32 just got totaled but if the drivetrain is still usable I may have one of a handful 4motion 1.8T's in the US :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got back from Germany and must say those awd golfs over there are pretty cool... Talked to a guy who had done alittle tuning to his and he loved driving it on the backroads there... said it handled pretty damn good too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i would have gotten one but i couldn't afford the insurence on it so i got my fast 03 gti because it kinda slips under the radar as far as insurence goes.

sry split the post (my bad)

·
Registered
747 Posts
[jacked]
Geico Still thinks that I drive an 07 1.8t lol

I've told them twice now but they dont seem to care :mad:@:

4 wheel drive would have been nice though

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I'm pretty sure that VW makes a all wheel drive GTI 1.8T.
Don't they????? No, i don't mean a R32
No, they haven't. I think an AWD 2.0T would be a blast. :)

Besides the SUVs the only other AWD VWs have been the 4motion Passat and the Phaeton.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I'd love to awd the 1.8 platform, that would be a super blast, especially with 300-400awhp *drools*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.