Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any seen, had, or know anything about the J.L stealth box for the mk4? it is suppose to go ontop of the spare tire. just wondering if any one had heard it to c if it sounded nice i know jl makes good products but not sure bout stealth boxes? any information would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I can't be of any help but I suggest you use the search button for now.

Until someone comes along who does not what they're talking about..

By the way WHERE THE HELL IS SCANS007?! He's gone missing... left us right before he put on his bumper and everything!

·
Registered
312 Posts
so i just went on jL and took a look at it. it actually looks pretty legit and cool. the only thing i would be worried about would be the rattleing and the sound would be extreemely dampened because its under the tire. if you decide to do it you should probably dynamat the whole spare tire area so it will prevent rattle and it will reflect the sound back into the vehicle. htere is so much room in the hatch though if you put a small 10" Q LOGIC box you would take up any room at all so its up to you but those are the things you might want to consider is the lack of "hit" and the rattle. O0 if you want some dynamat i work at best buy in the bay area and i could get a fat discount on dynamat . (50%) off pretty much......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so dynamat is like a lining that i could cover the whole area with? is it still possible to mount this stealth box if i were to remove the spare tire completly? or does it mount onto the spare tire itself? thank you very much that is very helpfull if i decide to go this route i will defanitly let you know.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the spair tire just sits on top of the box, thats why the box is round like that. so you could just not put your tire on the box if you dont want to , i guess it doesnt really matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts