Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I was browsing through the app market today and found this app called aDyno. It will estimate your HP, 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times and some other stuff. Was wondering if anyone has played with this before? How accurate is it?

Also, if anyone has just a stock GTI profile, could you post up the info. I am having a helluva time trying to find that stuff. :) Thanks...

·
Registered
70 Posts
my uncle had it on his so i had to see my car is stock it said 213 hp and 235 tq and i no they say its 200hp and 207 tq but for a phone to be that close i tought was pretty sweet

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,

I haven't played with it yet, but I can't find a lot of the info for what to enter in the specs. That's the trick to getting it accurate I guess...

·
Registered
629 Posts
my uncle had it on his so i had to see my car is stock it said 213 hp and 235 tq and i no they say its 200hp and 207 tq but for a phone to be that close i tought was pretty sweet
Sounds like APR used a smart phone to get their hp numbers with this kind of info.

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
What, my results? I used DYNOMASTER, then downloaded VW GTI dynomaster for my car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ah, that's the one you pay for. aDyno is the free one and you have to manually enter your car profile. I think I am going to get the dynomaster and see how that works. It should have a car profile for an MKV GTI right?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Check out applanet

It has a lot of apps for free

Just looked for the dynomaster and got it for free

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, too late. It was only like 5 bucks so w/e. Plus it helps support the developer, which is what I do, so I feel for them. :)

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Ok didn't seem to work

Ill report if I get it to work

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What, my results? I used DYNOMASTER, then downloaded VW GTI dynomaster for my car.
Did you have to set any info about your car before you used it? Like the drag coeffcient, weight, stuff like that? That's the data I am looking for. For accurate results, I assume you need to have that stuff...

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Did you have to set any info about your car before you used it? Like the drag coeffcient, weight, stuff like that? That's the data I am looking for. For accurate results, I assume you need to have that stuff...
weight is on the driver side door

dont know about drag coef

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, was searching around and here is what I found so far:

-Drag Coefficient: 0.32
-Weight: 3150 + 150 + 6(4) = 3324
^~6 lbs for each gallon of gas

Don't know about the other things though... anyone have an idea for the frontal areal and % drivetrain loss? I assume if I put 0 for that, it will give wheel HP?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts