Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think between 15-20 for the rear and ten for the front I know theres an excellent thread on vwvortex i seen that could really explain this in the mean time ill continue to look for it.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
15 and 20 you might be able to find pictures in my mk4 thread

I had 16 beetle wheels

From my Note 2

·
Registered
227 Posts
H&R 25mm spacers in the back and BFI 10mm spacers with extended bolts, im close to a 3inch drop and the rears are perfect i ****ing love it i will post pics when i can so you can see the diff

·
Registered
227 Posts
H&R 25mm spacers in the back and BFI 10mm spacers with extended bolts, im close to a 3inch drop and the rears are perfect i ****ing love it i will post pics when i can so you can see the diff
btws im rolling on stock montreals same as the pics

·
Registered
227 Posts
ight got yo picz right here fellas
2013-01-28_12-28-41_327.jpg 2013-01-28_12-28-52_464.jpg 2013-01-28_12-13-57_811.jpg 2013-01-28_12-28-33_515.jpg
sorry about the sh!t on the car had some bad weather in NC and they had salt and sh!t on the roads.
This is a daily driven setup on JOM coilovers (blue springs chrome shock bodies) with Black Forest Industries 10mm spacers on the front and H&R 25mm spacers in the rear. Hope this helps. Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ight got yo picz right here fellas
View attachment 8720 View attachment 8721 View attachment 8722 View attachment 8723
sorry about the sh!t on the car had some bad weather in NC and they had salt and sh!t on the roads.
This is a daily driven setup on JOM coilovers (blue springs chrome shock bodies) with Black Forest Industries 10mm spacers on the front and H&R 25mm spacers in the rear. Hope this helps. Enjoy
Have you encountered any problems with the spacers? Rough ride, weird handling etc?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you encountered any problems with the spacers? Rough ride, weird handling etc?
my car is at 130k right now on the stock bushings and im having some ride problems there but thats just because they are old on top of being low now, i have new ones with TT/r32 bushings waiting to go on i just havent had the time. the joms have a stiff ride but it doesnt bother me. as far as the spacers go i havent had any problems with them rubbing on the fenders in the back even when i have the car fully loaded with people and the front ones maintain the full turning radius of the wheel with no fender rub. the wheels are 20mm further apart in the front and 50mm further apart in the back and i am pretty low for coils the handling is alot better it corners flat and there is no body roll. also i have minimal axle rub on my front sway bar and it is stock too. overall i plan on keeping this set up for a pretty long time the only things i might change are the coilovers to a cup kit and if i dont get a new set of wheels soon i will be getting 15mm spacers for the front. hope that helps

·
Registered
227 Posts
oh yeah and the stock montreals are actually 17 inch wheels cause im running 312 slotted 20th brake rotors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts