Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been said many times before if someone wants to take your car bad enough, they will take it. I am looking for a way to protect my sound system and otehr expensive items i store in my car. I know DEI makes shock, glass break, field disturbance, and motion sensors that can be installed in a car. I ws wondering if anyone out there has found a way to wire these sensors to work with the factory Key FOB so the sensors will turn on and off with the rest of the factory alarm. If anyone has any info or could point me in teh right direction i would appreciate it. I have been searching for a week now trying to find a definate answer to this but i have yet to find it. ???

·
Registered
577 Posts
I wish i could tell you the answer to your question, but honestly the best kind of security is the one between your ears. all the security in the world wont stop a thief from shattering a window, opening your door and stealing the contents of your car - alarm blaring or not. trust me, i have experienced this for myself, it sucks.

As a photographer who routinely carries thousands of dollars of equipment in my car, dont ever leave anything in there, stereos are like children left in the park alone at night...they are always at great risk and thats what insurance is for unfortunately.

but as for loose items.... dont leave them in your car, i dont even leave anything in my car when i park it in my garage.

Did you try to go to a car stereo shop and ask them what can be done? might be your best shot, good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts