Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to install an add a circuit connector in my 06's fuse box so I can wire in my new gauges.
I'm planning on tapping the fuel pump fuse, which is 15a. The add a circuits I can find all have a limit of 10a. Would it still be alright to use a 5a fuse for my gauges and the 15a for my hpfp?

Any advice accepted.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
1. there is no fuse for the HPFP because it runs off the cam
2. the fuse for the fuel pump is for the in-tank LPFP
3.don't mess with that fuse, it is vital for your car starting/running and you don't want some external circuit connected to it.
4. get a test light or volt meter and test the OPEN fuse slots in the fuse box for which ones get power when the key is turned to the ON position..
5. buy a fuse to wire adapter from auto zone and place it in that fuse slot then run your power wire to the adapter.
6. there is a common ground if looking at the fuse box to the left and top, you can loosen the bolt and run a ring terminal to that for your ground.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking to install an add a circuit connector in my 06's fuse box so I can wire in my new gauges.
I'm planning on tapping the fuel pump fuse, which is 15a. The add a circuits I can find all have a limit of 10a. Would it still be alright to use a 5a fuse for my gauges and the 15a for my hpfp?

Any advice accepted.

Thanks!
When I added two circuits to my 2006 GTI,
I used open slots in the fuse box and a factory repair wire.
Cost is under $10, labor wise it is a much bigger challenge,
but the end result is a reliable lifelong solution.

Posted about is here: adding a 5A power circuit to Fuse Box C (using vacant slot, not add a fuse)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks guys. Seems simple enough to create a new circuit.
I'll be looking further into doing that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts