Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finished installing my Bilstein shocks and Neuspeed springs yesterday. I turned the car on once I finished the front (back was still untouched) and I got an ABS and Traction Control light. So far they have not turned off/flashed. I am thinking that I may have broke the ABS sensor. However, visual inspection of both sides, I see no signs of it being broken but that is just by looking at it. It may be something else around this area.

Any way of testing if this sensor is broken? If not any one in the Salt Lake City area have VAG that is willing to meat up? Thank you in advanced!

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
my abs / traction control light has been on for 2 years after my raceland install, mine happened cus i pulled the wires out of the brake sensor ! oops.

ive never had issues with it on/off anyways, and it makes driving in the snow a hell of alot easier :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
;) @ pfuller

Ya I have not noticed any issues yet with braking/steering. I am just very ocd about these things and a perfectionist though. Also I like having the traction control option available since it saves my tires' tread and I am a broke college student.

I noticed that the driver side and passenger side have a little bit of a different setup with the sensors. The driver side had an extra bracket that attached to the strut with a torx bit. I am assuming that the sensor that plugs in behind the brake rotor is the brake/abs sensor we are both referring to? because the other line is just the brake line itself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking the damage was done on the passenger side because when I tried to remove the upper nut on the strut (first strut i was trying to remove) the strut spun around winding the cords up. So this sensor can cause both of the lights?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driver side wheel speed sensor is causing the code. This is the abs sensor correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts