Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[help]

its coming down to 1 month left on my lease (dodge ram 1500). it goes back oct. 1st.... (thank God)

went to the VW dealership today (right after getting pulled over for a bullshit reason, cop said i ran a red... [pissed]

well went to the VW dealership and i saw something.. a 2006 gti *brand new*.. asked the dealer dude if i could test drive it and it was awesome.. it had 800 something miles on it and the sticker was app. $27,500.00

test drove it.. asked the dude if he was serious with the sticker price and he said the lowest they will go is 22,900.00

what do you guys think? can i do better? i have less than a month... need some pointers here help me out! (much appreciated)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
gtigolfer said:
[help]

its coming down to 1 month left on my lease (dodge ram 1500). it goes back oct. 1st.... (thank God)

went to the VW dealership today (right after getting pulled over for a bullshit reason, cop said i ran a red... [pissed]

well went to the VW dealership and i saw something.. a 2006 gti *brand new*.. asked the dealer dude if i could test drive it and it was awesome.. it had 800 something miles on it and the sticker was app. $27,500.00

test drove it.. asked the dude if he was serious with the sticker price and he said the lowest they will go is 22,900.00

what do you guys think? can i do better? i have less than a month... need some pointers here help me out! (much appreciated)
Check KBB.com for retail prices... 800 miles and it is a used car. Depending on it's condition and what options it has... nadaguides for a used GTI fully loaded w/ 800 miles:

Clean Trade-In / Clean Retail Value
Base Price $17,775 / $20,250
Mileage - 800 miles $500/ $500
Options

Aluminum/Alloy Wheels (Std. GTI, GLS) $250 / $300
Automatic Trans. $575/ $650
Leather Seats $350/ $400
Navigation System $750 $850
Power Sunroof (Std. GLS) $500 / $575
Theft Recovery System $100 / $125

TOTAL PRICE $20,800/ $23,650*

So over all- if it's fully loaded- it's a great price O0

The only thing is you may not get launch control if it's a DSG.

If you get the car- have the service manager run the vin and make sure all the TSBs are done, the ECU is current (0Y version) and that the TSB for the audio system has been done.

Good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey dragon, really appreciate the reply. it is fully loaded no nav. BTW, what are TSB's? i was playing with the bass and treble and mids on the radio and the sound was coming in and out like crazy (basically like fading in and out.. you could tell it wasnt normally what should happen when playing with those knobs). it was weird. also heard news today that VW is moving out of MI.... dont blame them cuz this state sucks! lol also i just saw a recent post on TSB so i will check that out lol but ya the radio was acting crazy... ???

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
gtigolfer said:
hey dragon, really appreciate the reply. it is fully loaded no nav. BTW, what are TSB's? i was playing with the bass and treble and mids on the radio and the sound was coming in and out like crazy (basically like fading in and out.. you could tell it wasnt normally what should happen when playing with those knobs). it was weird. also heard news today that VW is moving out of MI.... dont blame them cuz this state sucks! lol also i just saw a recent post on TSB so i will check that out lol but ya the radio was acting crazy... ???
TSB stands for "Technical Service Bulletin"...There is a TSB for the stereo mystery bass is solved by updating the flash first... if they do it and it does not correct the problem- insist they replace the head unit. Make sure the speed sensitive volume is disabled in the head unit options.

You are not missing anything not getting the NAV O0

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think it was in Consumer Reports that I read the most to pay for last year's model, even if brand new, is 20% off the MSRP. A 2006 is just about 2 model years old. If it's loaded, seems like they'd have a little more room to negotiate and surely they are desperate to get rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.