Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm just confused on which one to get.
It would be kind if you guys could help me out here.
Thanks!!

Rgds,
gtixtc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
IFlyS5 said:
In the world of automatics, the DSG is a gem. A star. A work of art...but it's still and automatic ;D
Phrased too well ;D.

Now... I went with the 6spd. I don't think I'll ever leave 6spd, unless I settle down and get married (but who says my wife won't know how to drive stick ;D)

The DSG seems fun and all, but it just won't be the same as having a clutch down there. But to each their own. Go purist, or play with the new-age toy. Either way, you're getting a GTI so you won't go wrong O0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I traded in 2002 Maxima SE (Auto) for 2006 MKV (DSG). I have owned numerous sticks and automatics, but this DSG is absolutely the finest, quickest shifting machine I have ever driven. Before buying MKV, I test drove Max 2006 SE (Auto) and Mustang 2006 GT (5speed).
MKV, for the money has no equal!

populari. ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
294 Posts
DSG, tinted windows, and some covered parking... perfect car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
DSG. great for traffic and super fast shifting. plus you never have to take yer hands off the steering wheel (if thats what you like) to use the paddle shifters!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
DSG. I, too, like the option of letting the car drive me or of driving the car (with ridiculously fast, rev-matching shifts). Sometimes my right hand twitches for some mono-clutch shifting, but it doesn't suit my driving needs anymore. If it's late and some civic wants some, I can easily slide it to "S" and make some rice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
gtixtc said:
Hi guys,
I'm just confused on which one to get.
It would be kind if you guys could help me out here.
Thanks!!

Rgds,
gtixtc
Hey there.. I guess I am lucky enough to be able to drive Manual and DSG. I have a manual and one of my best friends has a DSG. I have to honestly say they both have their high points. I personally know that the DSG is in fact faster than the Manual as I am 1 for 4. I love the way the DSG sounds when it shifts but I am a stick kinda guy. I believe a sports car is suppose to be stick.

I may have not pointed you in a specific direction but maybe gave yousome info ou may have wanted to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
mog3618 said:
Hey there.. I guess I am lucky enough to be able to drive Manual and DSG. I have a manual and one of my best friends has a DSG. I have to honestly say they both have their high points. I personally know that the DSG is in fact faster than the Manual as I am 1 for 4. I love the way the DSG sounds when it shifts but I am a stick kinda guy. I believe a sports car is suppose to be stick.

I may have not pointed you in a specific direction but maybe gave yousome info ou may have wanted to know.
I love my stick
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
294 Posts
Just test drive them both and see which one suits you. Different strokes for different folks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
LuciferRex said:
mog3618 said:
Hey there.. I guess I am lucky enough to be able to drive Manual and DSG. I have a manual and one of my best friends has a DSG. I have to honestly say they both have their high points. I personally know that the DSG is in fact faster than the Manual as I am 1 for 4. I love the way the DSG sounds when it shifts but I am a stick kinda guy. I believe a sports car is suppose to be stick.

I may have not pointed you in a specific direction but maybe gave yousome info ou may have wanted to know.
I love my stick
I have to say I do too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
dean said:
DSG. I, too, like the option of letting the car drive me or of driving the car (with ridiculously fast, rev-matching shifts). Sometimes my right hand twitches for some mono-clutch shifting, but it doesn't suit my driving needs anymore. If it's late and some civic wants some, I can easily slide it to "S" and make some rice.
I'd have to agree.

I got the DSG because, I'm just going to say it, I don't know how to drive a manual. No one in my family has a manual, so I never learned. Them bastards.... Anyways, I love the auto, and the power of manual without the clutch. Tiptronic is some fun shit, lemme tell ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
I went for the 6 Speed Manual Tranny for a few reasons. ;)If you plan to upgrade the engine at all, I would go for the manual. It can handle extra power. Though I have heard the DSG can handle 300 HP. But if you break the DSG with too much power, there is nowhere to fix it, except VW dealerships. Which we all know cost an arm and a leg. Plus, no one in my family has a manual either. But it only took about a week at driving stick, and now I'm nearly perfect at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
I loved the DSG that I test drove. My wife also loved it and made sure to point out that if I bought the DSG, then she could drive it too. Now I have a really fun 6-speed GTI and a very jealous wife. I didn't want to drive her Passat anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top