Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Charlie, what is going on with giant Starsky and Hutch decal on the side? :eek:
Can you post more pics so the whole thing can be seen, also are there more decals at the back c-pillar?? :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
starsky and hutch? no dude...no. doesn't it bring it to life though? the car is too blank and boring stock...just needed something to fill it in. In my opinion anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
The look is so far from my style that I don't want to come off as a weenie saying somthing rude. That in mind: I would NEVER do what you did to my car. The thing is though....that's just me and it is just as valid as you doing it because it is just you.

I give you MAJOR credit for doing somthing I really haven't seen much of.

I don't like it.....but you do.....and that's all that matters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Might look better if it were black, but hard to change that. It might also help to center the fast on the same line as the stripe (would be centered over gas cap on passenger side). :-X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow...not exactly the response I was looking for. Thank you for the input though. My goal was to make my car unique and I guess I did huh? LOL. Here is a pic of my engine bay, can't imagine any negative feedback on that lol.
 

·
Premium Octane
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
I guess I will weigh in. Like Krypton said, I also prefer the more subtle look. But on the flip side, your CW makes a statement. I think I am about 60/40 in favor. O0 And you engine bay is identical to mine, including the power wire off the battery terminal.... ;) I'm lookin to get that "Fast" decal in white to put on my windows, smaller of course... where'd you get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
CharlieGTI07 said:
Wow...not exactly the response I was looking for. Thank you for the input though. My goal was to make my car unique and I guess I did huh? LOL. Here is a pic of my engine bay, can't imagine any negative feedback on that lol.
Bro....I'm sorry...I re-read my post and it was decidedly negative. I feel like a poop.. I applaude you for what you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
uncle dude said:
Charlie, what is going on with giant Starsky and Hutch decal on the side? :eek:
Can you post more pics so the whole thing can be seen, also are there more decals at the back c-pillar?? :eek:
Starsky and Hutch. That's a memory! Makes me want to trade my black for a red and put a white stripe on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
uncle dude said:
Charlie, what is going on with giant Starsky and Hutch decal on the side? :eek:
Can you post more pics so the whole thing can be seen, also are there more decals at the back c-pillar?? :eek:
Starsky and Hutch. That's a memory! Makes me want to trade my black for a red and put a white stripe on it.
Gotta give Charlie some credit - he went for it! I actually think I would like it better if it was a solid stripe - equally bold by maybe a bit cleaner. But what the hell do I know!

 

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
well..the more I look at the ...the more I like it, Charlie (at first I was thinking OMG!!! )

Applause for making your GTI totally unique!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you all again! How do you like that Neuspeed intake? when I first put it on I was amazed at how much louder the turbo and stock wastegate was. I love the sound but didn't really notice much of a difference in performance. Oh and the starsky and hutch thing...similar but not identical lol. thanks again for the input! Vanessa thanks you as well (my car's name...she's a bitch)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
CharlieGTI07 said:
thank you all again! How do you like that Neuspeed intake? when I first put it on I was amazed at how much louder the turbo and stock wastegate was. I love the sound but didn't really notice much of a difference in performance. Oh and the starsky and hutch thing...similar but not identical lol. thanks again for the input! Vanessa thanks you as well (my car's name...she's a bitch)
I love my intake. I just installed it yesterday. Sounds wonderful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is a Marshall Boost gauge with a black out face. My fast is mounted next to it I'm not sure if it's on there in these pics though. The graphics cost me 275 but I know the owner of the graphics shop I used so I kinda got a deal. normally it would be about 3-350.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top