Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, check out this sad story. I bought an 06' GTI Mk V when it first came out. I fell in love it. 6 months later, I got kind of bored, and traded it in for a brandy new Infiniti G35 Coupe. Wow, holy effing mistake. The G35 is a great car, I like it alright...but it lacks entirely the personality that the GTI has. I miss my GTI, which is why next week, I'm gonna take the hit of a lifetime. I'm trading in my G35 to get a new GTI Mk V....again!!!! it's only gonna cost me 12k in negative equity!! WOOOHOOO...lets hear it for asshole GTI lovers like myself....I'm a damn idiot. Just thought I'd drop a line over here, since it's been a few months since owning my fast. My lovely fast...I'll belong here again soon.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The G35 is a nice car, and pretty quick too. But mods are outrageously expensive. 500 bucks on a g35 won't get you but MAYBE 3 WHP. 500 bucks on a GTI will pay for a GIAC, REVO etc. reflast worth about 20 whp or more. RWD is nice to have, but it's overrated. I had planned on TT'ing my G35, but out the window goes any sort of reliability. I would've gotten 15K out of the car on stock internals, not worth it. Plus it's just too grown up, not enough personality like I said earlier. Either way, at least I know now that the Fast and I were meant to be.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow, now that's love! :) Welcome back!! It's kind of like the if you love something set it free, and if it doesn't come back it was never yours to begin with...or, well, maybe not quite like that. But a cautionary tale for other gti owners. ;D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A WARNING TO ALL GTI OWNERS!!!! DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR CARS TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!! THIS IS IMPERATIVE. NO CAR WILL EVER REPLACE YOUR GTI'S. I MISS THE V-DUB WAVE AS I COAST PAST ANOTHER RED GRILL STRIPED BEAUTY. :'( AND SO WILL YOU....SO BEWARE THE IMPULSIVENESS OF HUMAN KIND. BOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey FINALLY got it...Fahrenheit #1196!!!!
YEAH!!!! Once you get into a VW, it gets into you.
best quote ever, and sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much...the drive home from the stealership was the best of my life... The world feels right... Ah glory and Fahrenheit GTi's...

·
Registered
7 Posts
banditscout said:
Hey guys, check out this sad story. I bought an 06' GTI Mk V when it first came out. I fell in love it. 6 months later, I got kind of bored, and traded it in for a brandy new Infiniti G35 Coupe. Wow, holy effing mistake. The G35 is a great car, I like it alright...but it lacks entirely the personality that the GTI has. I miss my GTI, which is why next week, I'm gonna take the hit of a lifetime. I'm trading in my G35 to get a new GTI Mk V....again!!!! it's only gonna cost me 12k in negative equity!! WOOOHOOO...lets hear it for a$$#ole GTI lovers like myself....I'm a damn idiot. Just thought I'd drop a line over here, since it's been a few months since owning my fast. My lovely fast...I'll belong here again soon.
Don't feel bad...I trading in a 2007 BMW 335i for a an 08 Black GTI with DSG...I couldn't be happier...the GTI is the perfect performance car...I love the DSG...the handling and agility of the GTI the nice interior...and I'm saving $350 a month in car payments over 5 years compared to the 335i...not to mention that parts, labor and mods are much cheaper on the GTI...this is my first GTI and I'm in love. The 335i commands respect for it's engine performance, handling and looks...but it's not the complete package (run flat tires, noticeable body roll) and so much money...you get so much more for your money with the GTI...the exhaust note is brilliant! And with a stage 1 APR s/w you'll smoke the G35 POS Jap car. O0 :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHAH VERY NICE!!! YES!!!! I'm glad to hear that others have made the same mistakes that I have. Wow really!!! 335i!!?!??! I test drove one and strongly considered it!! I loved that car as well, but I think it's just a little TOO grown up for me. 335i is definately a speed demon though. I couldn't agree with you more about the GTI being the perfect car though. AND YES!! THE G35 COUPE WAS AN ABSOLUTE POS. THE CAR LOOKS BEAUTIFUL BUT ASIDE FROM STUNNING LOOKS, IT'S 1.) NOT THAT FAST. 2.) THE 6-SPEED MANUAL SUCKS, (IT'S OUTRAGEOUSLY STIFF AND DIFFICULT TO SHIFT!!) AND 3.) THE INTERIOR FIT AND FINISH IS COMPLETE GARBAGE. EVERYTHING RATTLES!!! EVERYTHING! I'M IN THE ARMY AND HONESTLY FELT AS IF I WERE ROLLING OVER POT HOLES IN MY OLD BEAT UP HMMWV...(AKA HUMMER). TRASHY CARS, BIG BUCKS, AND NOT WORTH A PENNY!! SORRY FOR ALL THE CAPS!! GTI = the perfect balance.

"I WILL NOT GET BORED, I WILL NOT GET BORED!! O0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts