Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scanned a Motor Trend Magazine road test of the car that got it all started way back when .. The 1983 GTI. I scanned them as jpeg's and attached them below. Its interesting to read and see how it was back then. The performance numbers are way slow by todays standards but in 1983 the GTI was actually as fast or faster than most any cars produced at that time. A few things to take notice of are the horsepower ratings and acceleration times. We really have come a long way haven't we? Also I noticed the minuscule 10 gallon gas tank. I doubt there is a car made today that only has a 10 gallon tank. Also there are 6 scanned pages so be sure and see them all. I know most people on this board have the new 2006 GTI (as well as myself) But I hope this will be interesting reading to all. It never hurts to know something about the history of your car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GTfly said:
thats pretty cool. i cant really read any of the specifications though its a little too small. it really is cool though to see how far along we are today with technology compared to less then 25 years ago.
Thanks. I made the pics fairly large. Maybe your browser is not enlarging the pics properly. I use Firefox as my browser. When I click the link to the pics it opens up another page with the picture inside. I can then click on the picture itself and it 'enlarges' to full size making it easily readable. If your browser wont make them large try saving the pics then opening them with your favorite picture veiwer. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.