Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Bought my first non-Japanese car ever three days ago. Regarding the audio, I'm disappointed. The CD player is just ok, not great, but the iPod connection...wow. So bad it's almost unlistenable. Not even half volume with all audio settings at half or less and I hear a lot of crackling and it sounds like the speakers are about to blow. I'm obviously going to upgrade it to some degree, but is the iPod in this vehicle normally this poor? I traded a 2010 Civic EX, not even the Si, and the audio was 100% better.

Btw, as far as the driving goes. Oh my God. Best I've ever experienced.

Brian
Delaware

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
It would help if we knew what year you have, and radio cause there are about 2 or 3 in each gen

From my Note 2

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would help if we knew what year you have, and radio cause there are about 2 or 3 in each gen

From my Note 2
My fault. It's the Base single-disc head unit in a 2012. Do you need more specifics?

Btw, I pretty much confirmed today that it's the iPod interface that's the problem because the CD player sounds fine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too! I first need to figure out this iPod connection. I'm wondering if it's just the wire. Next step: sub.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Me too! I first need to figure out this iPod connection. I'm wondering if it's just the wire. Next step: sub.
I've got the dynaudio system, which is supposed to be the best audio option on the gti and the iPod just doesn't sound as good as CD, Bluetooth or satellite radio. Can't explain it.

Subwoofer helps

Sent from that Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just remember when upgrading your audio head unit.... Your cars computer runs its codes thru your stock cd player. Stupid design if you ask me! Just be sure that when you get one installed to spend the extra $100 on a module that will bypass any problems after Instalation. Regular wire adapters won't work! And if you hard wire it you will get an airbag light that won't turn off not to mention if you have a CEL and need to read codes or need to pass emissions you won't be able to. It's costly but totally worth it! I was happy I installed the module cuz 3 days after installing my in dash tv I had problems with my HPFP And never would've been able to get the fault codes with it. Just a heads up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts