Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i havent need any help from you guys in a while but im stumped on this one.
so my A/C compressor is not turning... all the fuses are good i replaced the climatronic controls replaced the fans and still nothing... so i tested the connection and it was only putting out about 6v so i connected the compressor directly to a 12v power source and it turned on and the air worked, but now i dont know what to do to fix this problem and i live in California and its starting to get hot lol... anything will help let me know what you know thanks....

·
Registered
41 Posts
you have high resistance some where in the circuit. I would ohms out the resistance from the switch to the compressor and see how much resistance if any. Which side of the lead to the compressor did you measure the 6v on?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you have high resistance some where in the circuit. I would ohms out the resistance from the switch to the compressor and see how much resistance if any. Which side of the lead to the compressor did you measure the 6v on?
im not sure it was a couple months ago when i did it...i just left it alone cus it wasn't to hot out. im going to check it out again when i get a chance and i'll have my brother check out the resistance he has more knowledge about that than i do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.