Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i am planning to buy a GTI but i do not know which one should i get. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
redlip said:
Hi Guys, i am planning to buy a GTI but i do not know which one should i get. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you take passengers more than once a week... the answer is simple. 5dr.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When i got my GTI 5 dr was not available, not that i would get it anways. I rarely have more than one passeger its usually just my and gf. But even if i did drive a lot of friends it would matter, im not the one who will have to climb in the back :D hehe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exactly Dawar. O0

My FAST is my zip car. If I'm going to be hauling people I drive my MDX. I've had a person in the backseat of my FAST and they had a good time back there I guess - but I'll never know! ;D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i heard 3 doors actually have more back seat leg room then the 5 doors. and also im a fan of either. 5 doors can be driven just as hard as 3 doors... proof???
thats how GTi's should be driven >:D haha

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definately 2-door hatch. Looks so much better. If your worried about passengers,the backseat on the 2-door has plenty of room. Your Fast may not like the extra baggage though. lol. ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went back and forth before settling on a four-door. If you're married with kids like I am, the extra doors just make sense. Plus, I like the convenience of throwing my backpack in the back seat. When I was younger though, it was three door hatch all the way! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
3 door - buy another car if you have a family... this car is meant to be seen as a 3-door hatchback fast. it turns into the jetta with 5 doors. no thanks. and seriously, the back seats have a lot of legroom if you want to carry others. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I recommend the 3 door unless someone will be in and out of the back seat everyday. I'm 46, married, 2 preschoolers and chose the 3 door. But I'll admit it's usually just me in the GTI. About the only time the backseat is used is on Saturday when one or both of the kids and I head off to the park or Home Depot. Even with car seats the back seat is super-accessible. I can get the kids in and out almost as easily as in my wife's 4 door sedan. The front seat flips and slides then returns to the exact spot you had it. Fortunately they are not power seats. It would take forever to get them out of the way. I'm 6' and getting into the backseat is no problem. Getting out is a little bit of a chore, but I think that is becuase I am 46, not because I am 6'. Headroom? Better than any sedan or SUV I considered, front seat and rear seat. A minor drawback of the 3 door is that the doors are really long. That actually makes it difficult to get in and out of the car in a tight parking spot. But in my opinion, the looks of the 3 door, including the absence of the extra cracks/seams, out weighs any drawbacks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
3 door O0, definitely! .... and I got kids, but 5 doors???? (I just loved the comparison to a minivan >:D) Somehow I would rather get a Jetta or a Golf TDI for that purpose. I just feel that the GTI is a classic 3 door. Two extra door just don;t seem right somehow. By the way - it's really roomy in the back. More room than with a lot of sedans!

·
Registered
106 Posts
5 door... I chose it because i actually think it looks better... for some reason, i think it lengthens the look of the car... and the door handles are sexy, why not have 4 instead of 2? My previous car was a coupe and it was mandatory because Honda 4 doors look like garbage granny cars imo.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I've already posted this, but I'm feeling a little whore-y today...

I really like the way the 4 door GTI looks.

Butt... yes I know that's the wrong spelling.

Butt... I am, as I've mentioned countless times 6'3" and I already have my seat pretty much all the way back. So if I had the 4 door I'd be staring into the column that separates the front and back door.

Plus I think the 2 door makes it more of a GTI. This is the first time they've offered the GTI in a four door version.

·
Registered
181 Posts
B13 said:
im 16, no kids :p and i prefer a 5 door gti! it looks better than 3 door one!
I read somewhere that some people think the 4 door looks better than the 2 door. Supposedly the GTI purists say that, so I figured it was that the 4 door looks a little boxier than the 2 door. Some don't like the slope of the rear windows on the 2 door. I like 'em both, but am very glad I bought a 2 door.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.