Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked mine when i got the car(bout 7k miles ago) per these forums,looked fine,but with all the talk,i wanted to know if its actually BETTER in any way or i should wait for failure? Does it work/sound differently?

***currently have oem membrane type dv

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So only diff is durability?
(and potentially hold bigger amounts of boost)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes.

This one has a metal piston rather than a rubber/plastic diaphragm. It will hold boost safely up to Stage III and is extremely reliable.

The only thing that's comparable is Forge's DV, but that one needs to be taken out & cleaned every so often. Also it's OEM so you know that fitment won't be an issue.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Yes.

This one has a metal piston rather than a rubber/plastic diaphragm. It will hold boost safely up to Stage III and is extremely reliable.

The only thing that's comparable is Forge's DV, but that one needs to be taken out & cleaned every so often. Also it's OEM so you know that fitment won't be an issue.
I've heard that the Forge isn't as reliable as the AWE but I have neither so I couldn't tell ya.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes.

Im confused by your post,

The OEM Piston style has a plastic piston, rather then the rubber diaphram BUT the OEM one will leak boost

The AWE DV isn't an OEM solution its Aftermarket and is much better then the OEM DV

The Forge DV is no better then the AWE DV, its more money, prettier (but you dont see it), and works like the AWE.

·
Registered
396 Posts
How will the OEM improved DV leak boost?

I've never heard of it doing that before.
yes the OEM Rev D DV will leak boost. I was consistently 2-4 PSI low at all times with it. You'll also spool slower with the OEM rev D

If you look a lot of people did research with the older diaphram DV's and found they were better at holding boost and better with spool but they couldn't hold the tuned boost 20+ psi well for a long time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts