Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got all of my K04 upgrade done (with the exception of the DV relocate cuz I'm waiting on BSH to send me my custom fittings for the Synapse DV), and I decided to put on my 42DD stealth can in the meantime. I go to mount the can, and low and behold, I realize that the bracket is supposed to be bolted into the engine mount. This only works if your mounts are stock (which mine are not). After a few minutes of deliberating on how to mount the can, I decided to make my own mount and bolt it into the threaded hole on the frame of the car directly in front of the engine mount. I'm sharing this for anyone else who may be scratching their heads on this. A quick trip to Lowes for the hardware, and this is the finished product...

I custom fabricated an extension for the mount with a piece of scrap metal I had lying around. This is to give it some rigidity and ample clearance...
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Plywood Metal

I used a 6" Hex bolt and used a piece of hollowed out steel piping and spray painted it black...
Sleeve Wood Auto part Automotive exterior Comfort

The finished product...
Automotive tire Light Car Hood Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold

Attachments

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I like this, good write up. Should help a few people

From my Note 2

·
Registered
55 Posts
First off...YAY Lowe's! (I work there...)

Second. Good job but please get rid of the oil filler neck. It's driving me crazy!
x2 on the great fix. I need to remove the oil filler neck on mine too...what do I need to do to remove it? Any special trick?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
x2 on the great fix. I need to remove the oil filler neck on mine too...what do I need to do to remove it? Any special trick?
Big channel lock pliers. Snap it off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
So, I assume that after you snap it off you can then twist your cap in the opening?
Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts