Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking into installing a turbo back exhaust for my car and I am considering installing a 42DD downpipe with the remaining catback being borla. I haven't heard of anyone having this combo, but was just double checking to see if someone does, and to see what people think of the combination. I am looking for a deep smooth tone if possible. A sound clip would be greatly appreciated if possible. I am torn between this combo or just going with the 42DD turbo back exhaust.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I'm looking into installing a turbo back exhaust for my car and I am considering installing a 42DD downpipe with the remaining catback being borla. I haven't heard of anyone having this combo, but was just double checking to see if someone does, and to see what people think of the combination. I am looking for a deep smooth tone if possible. A sound clip would be greatly appreciated if possible. I am torn between this combo or just going with the 42DD turbo back exhaust.Thanks in advance.
buy it and tell us how it sounds :)

ive never heard a ricey VW exhaust unless its like some autozone can. but your doing a real exhaust 44dd and borla both WELL known companies

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to do the 42DD dp with the borla cb. I just think it would create the sound I want. I'm just looking into this now it's going to take awhile for me to purchase the combo. I want to get a CAI while getting the exhaust so I can go straight to stage 2. I'll post a video when I get everything though. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
you have to cut your old exhaust with a sawzal or a plasma cutter. or anything to cut it pretty much, then you use exhaust clamps or a welder to connect them
no the 42DD comes reduced to the stock size (if thats what you order, they make it to your specs) and you just use the stock sleeve clamp

you chose when you place your order, so make sure you know what exhaust you are getting and the size it is

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VW-mk4-18T-3-Downpipe--Street-Series_p_123.html

or

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VW-Mk4-18T-Value-Line-3-Downpipe_p_335.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
42DD's site says "This downpipe fits 2006+ VW Mk5/Mk6 Golf, Jetta, GTI 2.0T, B6 Passat FWD, and Audi A3 FWD. It fits both FSI and TSI engines inlcuding CBFA. Included adaptor allows fitment to any cat-back exhaust that reduces to stock piping diameter." So I think it will work fine if I just use the adapter for the exhaust when connecting the dp to the cb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts