Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im racing an 03 spec v tomoro. hes just got an intake and catback. i got a stage 2 mkv. ik ill win but thers so many ppl who talk **** about my car (idk y) and i really want to embarrass him. i know that 2nd gear starts around 40ish and ends around 60, and then 3rd ends at 80. but from a 40 roll wat gear should i start in? im gonna brake boost, not that it makes a difference in the gear to start with ( or maybe it does? ) i know it has lots of low end, but idk if i should start in 2nd instead of 3rd. i think 3rd will be better so it pulls and i dont have to shift right away but idk...thats y im asking... any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
2nd gear, no need to brake boost, you'll be at full boost when you hit the throttle. You should walk him, I know I walked a spec v on stage 1 in a mkiv

·
Registered
6,126 Posts

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
2nd, but don't brake boost in a MKV. If you give it too much brake the engine will kill the throttle and you will stumble. it's a safetly thing that won't let you heel-toe in the curves :(
same thing with the mk4

i have hit the gas and brake at the same time and power is cut about 3 seconds later

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
im racing an 03 spec v tomoro. hes just got an intake and catback. i got a stage 2 mkv. ik ill win but thers so many ppl who talk **** about my car (idk y) and i really want to embarrass him. i know that 2nd gear starts around 40ish and ends around 60, and then 3rd ends at 80. but from a 40 roll wat gear should i start in? im gonna brake boost, not that it makes a difference in the gear to start with ( or maybe it does? ) i know it has lots of low end, but idk if i should start in 2nd instead of 3rd. i think 3rd will be better so it pulls and i dont have to shift right away but idk...thats y im asking... any suggestions?
2nd for sure ... u shouldnt have to try hard at all to win ... my mk5 @ its stg 2 tuning would out run or run head to head with any nonboosted s2k and those are much faster than a crappy spec v

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
2nd, but don't brake boost in a MKV. If you give it too much brake the engine will kill the throttle and you will stumble. it's a safetly thing that won't let you heel-toe in the curves :(
or won't let you die a Toyota death...

2nd!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts