Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kylmos said:
didnt really look like the 350z was racing the 350z has 287hp and 274lbs of torque....
Well in the video it said that gti have been chipped, so it would give gti close to what 350z got so i think that was fair race

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah 250 hp chipped....37 more horses to the 350 is a damn bit more and the 350 would still have almost 20lbs more torque...and thats if the chipped GTI truly has the truly crazy gains that REVO says it would get...50 horses and 78 torque I say REVO since its the more aggressive one of the chips offered and a fair race the GTI was what 4 car lengths maybe 6 thats a giant leap thats what 4-6 seconds ahead of it? I say the 350z was asleep or didnt want to waste gas on the GTI

the 0-60 times pf the 350z varies from 5.3-5.8 and the QT in the 13's...the similar G35 is 5.5

stock the 350z can run with Aston Martins and almost Lambos

·
Registered
747 Posts
kylmos said:
didnt really look like the 350z was racing the 350z has 287hp and 274lbs of torque....
{agree}
if you listen to the engine you dont really get the feeling that the 350 is racing, just casually speeding up...the GTI would need a stage 2 chip, intake, and a full exhaust to MAYBE keep up with the Z...my 0.02

·
Registered
635 Posts
I didnt say what lambos it can run with countachs and for the aston it would be well look at the numbers

2002 Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Volante 5.0 13.4
2004 Nissan 350Z 5.3 13.77 (M.T. Mar '04)
1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000S 5.2 13.7
1995 Lamborghini Diablo VT 4.7 13.2

of course you dumbass it cant run with a 600hp lambo but those are 300k these are ones are about 150k
as for your video once the 350 gets in front of the GTI ( an easy feat) it just stays there as for the last part who says the 350 was pushing it all I could hear was the GTI since the camera was in the GTI...just learn that you may love your car but its not the alpha and omega of cars...sorry but a nissan would kick your ass lol not a sentra though lol even with 500 hp and im talking stock for stock but then for 7k you can get twin turbos in your 350 and be pushing 400 ( the most I've seen was 500hp) horses and thats for their low end kit..they have 3...after that then well you are the alpha and omega oh and all those numbers are at the wheels....

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/products_usa.html

·
Registered
530 Posts
22350 said:
I've got a 500 horse power Nissan and a dyno to prove it!!

Sorry....couldn't resist
OH no you didn't! [post whore]

·
Registered
749 Posts
I wonder if we should just start an entire thread dedicated to nothing more than bashing 500HP Nissans.

And saying that a 350Z can almost hang with Lambos because it's within a tenth of an '86 Countach is like saying that my GTI can smoke Porsches because it is, in fact, much faster than a 1970 914. I'm gonna go out and get myself a "Porsche Killa" sticker for my windshield.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
I wonder if we should just start an entire thread dedicated to nothing more than bashing 500HP Nissans.
I vote we change the "PoST wHoRe ThrEaD" name to: "So...who's got a 300hp Nissan?"

·
Registered
530 Posts
22350 said:
BlueFrogPosse said:
I vote we change the "PoST wHoRe ThrEaD" name to: "So...who's got a 300hp Nissan?"
Didn't we have that a few weeks ago, and something about permission to post...blah blah blah.. and poof it was gone!

·
Registered
606 Posts
kylmos said:
yeah 250 hp chipped....37 more horses to the 350 is a damn bit more and the 350 would still have almost 20lbs more torque...and thats if the chipped GTI truly has the truly crazy gains that REVO says it would get...50 horses and 78 torque I say REVO since its the more aggressive one of the chips offered and a fair race the GTI was what 4 car lengths maybe 6 thats a giant leap thats what 4-6 seconds ahead of it? I say the 350z was asleep or didnt want to waste gas on the GTI

the 0-60 times pf the 350z varies from 5.3-5.8 and the QT in the 13's...the similar G35 is 5.5

stock the 350z can run with Aston Martins and almost Lambos
I have REVO Stage II and a ton of other mods (as my profile below shows) and mine dyno'd in at 233whp/282ft-lb. Almost all performance companies boast the hp gains and not the whp gains (which is all we care about). My updated dyno chart is in my dyno thread if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
273 Posts
kylmos said:
as for your video once the 350 gets in front of the GTI ( an easy feat) it just stays there as for the last part who says the 350 was pushing it all I could hear was the GTI since the camera was in the GTI..
dude, I want you to seriously take another look at that video....if you don't know what the ass end of your own car looks like then you need to study it. That 350 got owned bad and it sounds to me like he was tryin so there is my .02

Oh and my dad has a 600hp twin turbo 350Z so :p lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK my two cents. I owned a 350 for a few months until I totally it. I overestimated the handling and I think I'm one of the only people alive to have flipped a 350Z. Now I own a much more friendly GTI, and love it so far.

It's a beast. The Z will dominate the GTI, even chipped. Horsepower isn't the only thing that matters. You really can't compare those cars. Especially the 07-08 Z w/ 2 POP chargers and an experienced driver.

Her name was Evva
Sorry sight isnt it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts