My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what the dealer offers me,less TT&L,for an 08,2dr,6m,autobahn package,18" huf,ground effects kit,ipod adapter....LMK of this is a fair price for a new gti?thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
looks good to me, although there are some real sticklers here that can negotiate a bit lower price... tough to negotiate on an '08 right now though, if you found a new '07 that you liked you could probably get a better deal.

Just think about it... 25k or 27k... over however many years it's not that big of a deal. Just make sure the interest rate is fair and the terms are right for you in the financing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
kylmos said:
i know its just ur wasting ur money depreciation is immense on these cars..
Depreciation is the same for 99% of cars. If the guy is shopping for a new car, telling him to buy a used car isn't helping anything.

In response to the original poster, that seems like a decent price to me. The VW ground effects kit isn't cheap, and if you're getting that in there, that's pretty good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
my local dealer offered me a 2dr white gti with pkg 1+2, leather, dvd(no ipod adapter) 18" for 30k and a monthly payment of $450 or something around that.

is this a good price for a lease?

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
I think they can do a little better for a lease - I bought my Fahrenheit and my payments (60 mnts) were going to be less than $500 if it weren't for my negative equity ($6500) - percentage rate for buy was 2%

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
The under $500 is for buying and financing the car - not leasing

Leasing should at least have you below $400

I just calculated on E-loans: A $30,500 (incl tx/fees) at the current 2% rate throught VW Credit runs you $450/months for 72 months and $535 for 60 months

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
kylmos...i got my 07 for 19.5k package II, 6sp man 5900miles on it off ebay. :)

some people jus gotta have a brand new car.

sounds like a good deal, coz i know the price of my car new was 27k plus some change. I know ya
ll dont have dual climate nemore, but u get a lowered car, and u mentioned ground effects thats bout 1.5k there....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
The under $500 is for buying and financing the car - not leasing

Leasing should at least have you below $400

I just calculated on E-loans: A $30,500 (incl tx/fees) at the current 2% rate throught VW Credit runs you $450/months for 72 months and $535 for 60 months
isnt that still too much?
right now we pay $250 for this 06 altima. its price is 26k or something

·
Registered
573 Posts
One Million Dollars. And worth every penny!!

Speaking of money... have you heard that Bill Gates has been passed as the World's richest man? The new guy is Mexican, and has a monopoly on the phones in that country. Does this mean Microsoft prices are going up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.