Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance... I just leased a 2014 GTI Wolfsburg edition and I'm a little confused. Is it a MKVI or MKVII ???

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It's a MKVI. The MKVII's will come in 2015. Google some photo's of the MK7 and you'll see the difference.

I may be wrong, but I believe the 2014 GTI's are 'leftover', retagged from 2013, but they are the last to be made in Germany. So feel proud you have one the last GTI's to be built in Germany. The MK7's are being built in Mexico...

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's a MKVI. The MKVII's will come in 2015. Google some photo's of the MK7 and you'll see the difference.

I may be wrong, but I believe the 2014 GTI's are 'leftover', retagged from 2013, but they are the last to be made in Germany. So feel proud you have one the last GTI's to be built in Germany. The MK7's are being built in Mexico...
I thought some were assembled in the US plant , which i maybe wrong but i believe its in Georgia
I hated my mk4s reliability issues , also made in mexico

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2014 VW GTI Drivers edition. The vin starts with a W, so I'm assuming its made in Germany.
I too am confused about it being a MK6 or 7. My local APR tuning shop told me it was a 7. The visual differences are very subtle, but the rear quarter windows are different than a 6.
Hopefully its not like a mid year body style change where I cant get anything for it. Well see.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I just bought a 2014 VW GTI Drivers edition. The vin starts with a W, so I'm assuming its made in Germany.
I too am confused about it being a MK6 or 7. My local APR tuning shop told me it was a 7. The visual differences are very subtle, but the rear quarter windows are different than a 6.
Hopefully its not like a mid year body style change where I cant get anything for it. Well see.
It's a 6. APR was wrong. The 2015 will be the first US MK7. Picture of the 'different' quarter windows?

Easiest way to tell apart a MK6 from a MK7
MK6MK7
+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts