Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if we had an open line with the VAG designers, what is your GTI missing (that you'd like to see on the 2009?)

-Memory seats and memory mirrors, also an auto adjust to the mirrors while in reverse

-Anti-static paint

-Stronger DV

-Drink chiller in the center armrest

-Auto-dimming mirror

-HID fog-lights and rear fog-light

-Anti-fog glass for the windshield

-275hp TDI twincharger with 375 ft lbs of torque (put the Audio R10 technology out to the public)

Anyone else? What is your GTi missing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
also like a refrigerated section in the glove box---like some passats have..
also-- VW's in general..need to get their wiring problem under control..that is the one main problem

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SarahSpohler said:
also like a refrigerated section in the glove box---like some passats have..
also-- VW's in general..need to get their wiring problem under control..that is the one main problem
Mine has AC in the glove box...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I would like to see cylinder deactivation to go down to a 2 banger at highway speeds. ;D

I would add:

- fold flat rear cargo area (this is a big NEGATIVE for us - the dog house will sit on an angle)
- an all wheel drive option
- a proper iTune interface
- a rear end design that is slightly distinguished from the rabbit

edit: let me get my 2008 first!

·
Registered
749 Posts
- More interior storage. I like having a couple little drawers to put stuff like keycards, receipts, change, etc.

- Less wind/sound intrusion through the driver and passenger windows.

- Slightly more distinctive rear spoiler (and the rest of the rearend for that matter)

- Tighter suspension/lower stance on the US spec

- LSD ! ! !

- More color options

·
Registered
530 Posts
A real locking diff. Need to get that 275 hp to the pavement.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maybe I have crappy tires, or a heavy foot, no, crappy tires! >:D ;D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yup.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If we're being picky:
Make the Bluetooth button/connection actually work in the US.
Have the trunk button on the keyfob lift the hatch, not just unlock it.

I'll second all of the above ideas, especially the fold-flat rear seats, the proper iPod connection, the engine upgrades, and the rear end differing from the Rabbit.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scothand said:
If we're being picky:
Have the trunk button on the keyfob lift the hatch, not just unlock it.
Amen brotha'!

...I forgot those.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd like to see VW offer chip upgrades and more performance parts that don't void the warranty. I also agree that my all season Conti's don't cut it but I may like them when the snow flies here, don't know. More color options, maybe some two-tone hoods or strips. All wheel drive option without haveing to get the R32. I also miss my old 4 point steering wheel, there's just no comfort spot with the 3 point.

·
Registered
277 Posts
scothand said:
If we're being picky:
Mine will be working in about 2 weeks when I finish my audio install ;D

+1000 on the LSD

But really for the price and class of this car, can we really ask for more. They did a hell of a job with it 8)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here's what I'd like to see:

I'm not like most people, I want them to make a stripped down GTI.

I want....

No air conditioning

No power windows

Crank moonroof

No automatic transmission ........ EVER!!!!!!

No radio (like the older STi's) the car would be all wired up for it including RCAs and power and remote wires in the hatch but you have to put in everything yourself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would like to see cylinder deactivation to go down to a 2 banger at highway speeds.
In a way a turbo 4-banger is very much like a V8 with cylinder deactivation. Turbo kicks in when needed to give extra power. On highways it's not needed and fuel consumption is identical to a non-turbo 4 cyclinder.

Has anyone mentioned auto-dimming rearview mirrors yet?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thalo2 said:
I would like to see cylinder deactivation to go down to a 2 banger at highway speeds.
In a way a turbo 4-banger is very much like a V8 with cylinder deactivation. Turbo kicks in when needed to give extra power. On highways it's not needed and fuel consumption is identical to a non-turbo 4 cyclinder.

Has anyone mentioned auto-dimming rearview mirrors yet?
nope but that would definitly be nice. especially since my car is lowered when a truck with HID's gets behind me im practically blinded.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Gear indicator for DSG on the MFD readout when in D or S like it was on the 2006 and early run 2007 models. I test drove a 2007 in October that had it, but by the time I bought mine in March they had dropped that feature.

I agree with fold flat rear seats as long as it does not hurt the comfort and style of the rear seats.

Change the side skirts so they don't curve up in front of the rear wheels.

Leather in colors other than dark (almost black) gray. Maybe a medium gray. And option to get leather without the other options.

Reduce the cant / angle on the front seat seats. Or make it adjustable.

Homelink garage door control.

Don't call it a special edition just becuase it's a different color. Farenheit orange. Perelli yellow.

But if they don't change anything, it will still be a great car!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.