Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my son's 2008 GTI OBDII connector appears dead with no power when hooked up to any of my diagnostic devices (they all work fine when hooked up to other vehicles)... these same diagnostic devices all worked prior with this GTI and we have changed nothing on this vehicle since we last did a successful OBDII scan.

We have no current performance issue, but the local state safety/emissions inspection requires a hook-up to the OBDII connector to verify that no faults exist in the pollution control systems... so we need to resolve why it is not getting power at this connector. Most vehicles power the DIC connector of the OBDII interface through the cigarette or aux power fuses... on this vehicle ... I have not been able to locate a fuse that has failed. Also, we have confirmed that it is not a k-line aftermarket stereo interface problem as the vehicle has had no changes to the stereo system for several years and through multiple scans with these tools... thanks for any help you may offer!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
#12 fuse is OBDII. Also just pull the stereo fuse to try? Things fail over time. You wouldn't believe the **** at work that fails and screws things up that aren't really related.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.