Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Even if it were true, it says that it will be the same engine with the same specs. The only thing that would change is the body, which will look uninspired and lame.

I don't think that they will do a remodel so soon, when their current model is winning awards left and right. I think at the time that was written, they didn't expect the GTI/Rabbit to do so well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2008 seems about right for a refresh, keep in mind the MkV has been roaming European streets since '03. North America probably wouldn't get the new model until model year '09.

·
Registered
690 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
Even if it were true, it says that it will be the same engine with the same specs. The only thing that would change is the body, which will look uninspired and lame.

I don't think that they will do a remodel so soon, when their current model is winning awards left and right. I think at the time that was written, they didn't expect the GTI/Rabbit to do so well.
That's certainly what it looks like in that little picture, but I'm not making a decision based on that one little blurb.

Also, the new Scirroco is hideous.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What does everyone think of the orange color of the 08 GTI? Personally, I think it's ugly...I've never been a fan of orange.

·
Registered
690 Posts
They need some new colors that aren't 4 shades of grey or red.

Orange is a start (though I wouldn't own one).

But I think that orange is assigned to one specific special package, and not an overall color option.

I have, however, been wrong before.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I don't think the production Scirocco will look anything like what we've seen so far. Remember, it's a prototype.

Really don't like what they're doing to the Golf in '08. Giving it the Eos headlights and making the back look all weird.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Uh... no?

I don't know if you know this, but there's so much more hate and bombings and shit over there then there is here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
haha...I was being the least serious I've ever been in my life for that comment.

It's cuz I'm Dark Blue isn't it?! :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car Magazine stated that VW is actually bringing the MK6 GTI to US shores 2 years early due to the high cost in manufacturing the MK5 GTI. For example if the MK4 GTI took 10 hours manufacture, the MKV is taking like 25 (these numbers are not confirmed). The car will be essentially the sameengine wise, but fit and finish will be much less refined.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the 08 gti is not a fav of mine.... the front end looks like a dodge sebring.... :p the scirroco i think is tits... >:D but i love my mkv and wont give it up...... ;D

1 - 20 of 123 Posts