Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
22350 said:
Uncle Dude....what do you think? Not too bad I say.
Hmm, I would like the lower ride height. I am seeing something a bit different from this link (change .com to .ca). Click on the GTI and you'll see the Canadian specs are the same as to what I posted elsewhere. It seems there are slight differences between the two countries. I am looking forward to the standard climatronic, and suppose I could lower the car if I want. I can't wait, I tried to take a break from the boards but it is no use! I have about 6 weeks to go. It says ground clearance 143mm can anyone confirm if that is lower than the Canadian 2007?

http://media.vw.ca/press_kit_index.cfm

·
Registered
85 Posts
GTI.MAN said:
"Climatronic deleted from all trims"

Does the 2008 GTI have dual-zone HVAC controls?
Nope, I just bought mine and it's not even climate controlled anymore..Straight up A/C

·
Registered
635 Posts
straight up AC is the best in my opinion I mean one side may be "cooler" than the other but in the car as a whole the temp will be the median of the two temps...so its just a selling gimmick and for ignoramuses

·
Registered
749 Posts
My first car was a '79 AMC Concord Coupe (not a wagon), and even it had dual zone climate control. The floor vent in front of each seat had a metal lever next to it that you could use to increase or decrease the amount of air provided to that seat. Amazing!

·
Registered
842 Posts
kylmos said:
straight up AC is the best in my opinion I mean one side may be "cooler" than the other but in the car as a whole the temp will be the median of the two temps...so its just a selling gimmick and for ignoramuses
All us ignoramuses north of the border get climatronic as standard. Heated seats still included.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i like the dual hvac, granted i feel like its absolutely useless. i never use it. though its nice to look at at night

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I remember reading an article a while back, stating the VW was getting ready to make the production of the GTI more efficient and far less expensive. I read that at some point, they'll be getting rid of the headlight spray washers, as well as replacing the soft fit dash material to something cheaper and harder. Just goes to show you that VW really puts quality in these cars, so much so that even they aren't making the money that they'd like off of these cars....which might I add is a great thing for the consumer....

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
they should offer a fully loaded gti and a completely stripped gti. To cover both ends of the spectrum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts