Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brougtht my car in to get the REVO stage I upgrade and now my car will not run. The software threw a error while trying to program it. Now the dealer has to send the ECU out to REVO and who know how long that will take. I just got my car a week and a half ago and I am VERY sad to say that I will be without the car for a week or more. And from what I can tell, they are STILL going to make me pay for it. I want them to put it back to stock and I will go to apr. Any ideas or opinions on what could have caused this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, the car was almost brand. It had 100 miles on it and I put 1400 on it. Does anybody have any info on REVO? Any opinions? I am just frustrated with the whole situation.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
REVO Sucks said:
no, the car was almost brand. It had 100 miles on it and I put 1400 on it. Does anybody have any info on REVO? Any opinions? I am just frustrated with the whole situation.
When they did mine (Stage I), they had issues and had to call revo and it took a few hours...
The originally told me that I needed a flash update from VW- spoke w/ 2 VW dealers and there was no update, based on my VIN #.

Sounds like the shop you went to doesn't have much experience with flashing ECUs and I'm going to venture to say, it possible they could have fried yours. If the upload to the ECU is interrupted (just like doing a BIOS upgrade on a PC)... you can corrupt the program, thus turning the ECU into a "brick". May I ask which shop you went to so we all can avoid them?

I fully understand your frustration with Revo, I went to stage II and had some major issues. I attempted to contact them, but this was during waterfest, the shop told me that one of their techs was injured in a major accident on the way home from waterfest. The shop did not charge me to down flash back to stage I. I still have not heard from them. :(

Sorry to hear...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope REVO can resolve it. Has anyone had luck with APR? The shop is willing to put exhaust on my car for all the trouble but I haven't even thought about it at this point. I have sent a e-mail to REVO but have not heard back from them yet. I think I will take the shop up on the free exhaust system and then go to another dealer to get the APR stage I. What is the opinion on APR? What is the best reasonably priced exhaust system that is not to noisy?

It is funny that they told you that you needed a new flash they told me that too but they were right, I took it to the dealer and I did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
REVO Sucks said:
I hope REVO can resolve it. Has anyone had luck with APR? The shop is willing to put exhaust on my car for all the trouble but I haven't even thought about it at this point. I have sent a e-mail to REVO but have not heard back from them yet. I think I will take the shop up on the free exhaust system and then go to another dealer to get the APR stage I. What is the opinion on APR? What is the best reasonably priced exhaust system that is not to noisy?

It is funny that they told you that you needed a new flash they told me that too but they were right, I took it to the dealer and I did.
When I left the dealer- I specifically asked to make sure all TSBs and flashes were current before I took delivery.

As far as APR goes- I have not heard too many *unhappy* customer complaints- Same goes for GIAC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
I got the revo flash today, and am just hoping I don't have those issues. So far, I LOVE IT!!! the increase in torque and horsepower was amazing (as expected), but the improvement in throttle response was a bonus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I went with APR over GIAC since those are the only to really around that arnt a multiple hour drive. But back to the matter at hand I love my APR flash. Im just runnging the 93 octane program right now wit hthe P-Flo intake and my car is much quicker over stock.

On a side note Ill be getting the Neuspeed pulley kit, Intercooler conversion pipe kit and the turbo discharge conversion kit put on in a week so I how between the 3 Ill see some real nice gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
I did a GIAC test of the software the same day, and it was not even close. REVO over GIAC. Can't speak to APR. But I was not wanting to send in my ECU, and get back who knows what; or who knows whos ECU...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
I'll just confuse the situation...but oh well:


I looove the GIAC reflash. I tried the REVO and it crashed while I was driving the trial. I did not try APR.


GIAC screams!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
I'll just confuse the situation...but oh well:

I looove the GIAC reflash. I tried the REVO and it crashed while I was driving the trial. I did not try APR.

GIAC screams!!!!
I'll let you drive mine when you get up this way. I'm sure it will change your opinion. :)

Numbers wise, the APR is really close to the Revo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
I'm so tempted to get the revo, but the risks seem so much greater than any of the other options. It stinks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
banditscout said:
I'm so tempted to get the revo, but the risks seem so much greater than any of the other options. It stinks.
Any change to the ECU has inherent risks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
Yeah roger that, but why take the most risk, when say, you could go with the least risk...think of it as a consumer reports type thing. All of the re-flashes are "risky," but some are inherently more so than others. I'll stick with the others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I have driven revo and apr and i bought giac. Giac is by far better then all of them. I have giac on my 05 gli also no problems. My buddy has revo in his 02 gti and has had numerous problems and when he got it installed they moved his boost to 24 pounds. Not good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
Ndftball300 said:
I have driven revo and apr and i bought giac. Giac is by far better then all of them. I have giac on my 05 gli also no problems. My buddy has revo in his 02 gti and has had numerous problems and when he got it installed they moved his boost to 24 pounds. Not good.
^
^
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
:sleep: ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... I think this one is dead. Unless someone wants to post some facts. We all have what we have already anyway. Who are we trying to convince? I don't regret my choice. One day when the engine goes, I'll do the GTI R mod to it.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top