Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When closing the driver side (2 door model) door with the window fully up tight, I notice a vibration....."boing" is the best way to decribe it. This is not really bothersome, just seems odd once I began noticing it.

If I crack the window down the slightest bit (the window is technically still closed), and try it again, the mysterious sound is no more. I wasn't able to replicate this on the passenger side.

Anyone else experiance this?
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds like something that holds the window inside the door is a tad loose. If it stops when you lower the window a tad, that would give the vibration time to move to the top of the window (that doesn't rattle against anything but air).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, they do!

Anyways, as for the strange noise.....went to the dealer this moring, their demo does the same on the DS and not the PS. It just may be a quirk and nothing else. Most consumers won't pay attention to this detail unless they're as nurotic as I:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
That AC vent rattle is driving me nuts as well, but its gotten worse. Now the center top vent is rattling as well as the stainless door strips and any number of other things that i can't pin down. What should i do about all this unwanted noise and rattle. There also seems to be an odd rattle from where the moon roof slides back into, this noise was also in my 95 Jetta. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
put something a little sticky on the edge of it like a drop of something and it shouldnt shake anymore... just dont use too much or something TOO sticky otherwise you wont be able to change the vent direction of air flow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
UnitedGTI said:
That AC vent rattle is driving me nuts as well, but its gotten worse. Now the center top vent is rattling as well as the stainless door strips and any number of other things that i can't pin down. What should i do about all this unwanted noise and rattle. There also seems to be an odd rattle from where the moon roof slides back into, this noise was also in my 95 Jetta. Any suggestions?
ive found a way to fix the rattling in the center air diffuser. let me know if you want me to send you some directions. its about 20min of work, and it takes care of the job pretty well..

my dealer couldnt even figure this one out. they are such asses. if you are in maryland, never buy from antwerpen vw

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
MTL06 said:
When closing the driver side (2 door model) door with the window fully up tight, I notice a vibration....."boing" is the best way to decribe it.
My Fast does that when he's excited and ready to go for a ride ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts