Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 GTI

? Optional iPod adapter

? Audio auxiliary input added

? Simplified cruise control actuation

? Redesigned alloy wheels?late intro

? Launch Control will be standard (DSG only)

? Premium Sound System will be optional

? Tire Pressure Monitoring System standard

? Radio buttons from black to silver finish

? Reduced ride height for sportier appearance

? Special model planned

·
Registered
398 Posts
wish I had those choices. Especially the prem. sound, launch control, lower stance and tire pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The tire pressure monitering system is now going to be a standard in 2007 for all new vehicles. Trust me this is not something you want. If you want to change wheels, or bring your car in for new tires it could be up to another 70$ in labor and about 20$ for the new gromets and locking nuts that hold the TPMS in the vavle stem.
I used to work in a tire shop, and was trained on how to do these. I am happy with the TPMS i keep in my glove box that i bought for 5$ at a gas station.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Luckily mine officially is a 2007, though it doesn't have all that stuff. Just makes it easier to sell in 5 years, when it's only "4" years old.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Damn, that last comment made me think... in my life, i'll be driving a 2038 model car, or something futuristic like that. That's crazy.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've been planning on lowering mine anyway, and I'll probably just buy a new headunit for the shiny buttons/knobs and aux input.

·
Registered
556 Posts
And thus the reason for leasing. I can just get the newer model in 2 or 3 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
does anyone have pics of the "2007" models inside and out ... i must be a dumbass I can't find any....

thanks for the help,

juice

·
Registered
346 Posts
My kingdom for the premium sound system. These paper cones powered by a mouse on a wheel just don't cut it. Unfortunately, the clean look of the head unit is just as important as the sound. No Alpine or Pioneer for me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
" Reduced ride height for sportier appearance"

That is soooo frustrating. I'd have to jump to modified in autocross to drop the car a bit. She needs it, but I'm not that good...

·
Registered
35 Posts
For me, the ride height is the only thing I wish I had on my 06, but a new set of OEM Euro spec springs are on the way to compensate for that! Launch control will be nice for you DSG folks though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts