Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so does anyone have an idea of what the 07 model will differ in from the 06. ive read that the dsg will have launch control but will there be anything significant? worth waiting till 07?

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you're planning on getting a 6spd model, I'd advise you to wait until the first wave of '07s hit, then buy an '06. Most dealerships will be willing to cut you a deal on the previous year's model to avoid paying taxes on it once the first of the year arrives. Plus, the last year's model just isn't as desirable as this year's, even though they're essentially identical.

There's to be no significant differences between the '06 and '07 model years.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I have an '07 Canadian version. I don't think there's any real difference other than that 5 years from now I'll be able to sell it for more than any of you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
shocktch45 said:
are they going to keep the plaid seats on the base model? cuz 3 grand is too much for new seats and extras
I have not heard changes other than launch control and number of doors.

·
Registered
857 Posts
does anyone know specifically how the launch control works, i've seen a video and they kinda explain it, it looks like you press a button/ hold down the brake/ let go of the brake and you automatically accelerate, is this right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts