Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here ive been searching for days and there are many posts about similar issues but none seem to be the same as mine so here we go.

about a month ago I was getting on the free way and I started getting random back fire under load over all cylinders but would clear up some days where fine others not so much so I did some reading and found someone talking about the MAF so I unplugged it and it seems to be the problem or so I thought I drove for about a week or so with it unplugged didn't have one issues then one day I changed the MAF and 02 sensors and then the problem came back but now no matter what I do it will not get better here is a list of the things ive done.

Changed MAF (no change)
changed plugs and gapped to spec (no change)
changed coil packs (no change)
changed temp sensor (no change)
Changed MAP (no change)

Then the other day my buddy comes over and is looking at it and pulls the vac line off the FPR and puts his finger on it and the idle smooths out but when her put the line back on the idle went back so I figured hey bad FPR NOPE changed the FPR and still cuts out.

so as of today it starts up and runs great for about 5 mins then starts to stumble and then die but will start right back up and do he same thing im kinda lost and not sure what would cause this the next thing ima try is the CPS sensor.

please any help would be awesome.

· Registered
1,893 Posts
did u scan for codes?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, and yes its a brand new cat just installed a few weeks ago.

so here is the latest the car stays running fine at idle and from 2k rpm to about 4.5k rpm its misfires and bogs down but once you hit 5k its boosts hard and accelerates great so its at low to mid rpm where the problem is so I changed the fuel filter it was old and still nothing.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so I was wrong unplugging my 02 sensor just covered the problem BUT I found the problem on the drivers side of the intake manifold there are some small vacuum lines there kinda hard to see and get to but one was cracks and almost falling off changed it and not no more misfire or bogging runs like a champ!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.