Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
cRazEYgUy said:
blackgti06 said:
well if he does have a s/c on his car thats another 40+ whp so i'd say he has you unless you get it chipped. But he will be pushing around 220whp and your pushins stock 185 whp est. Plus our car weights 500 pounds more that the mkiv becasue we have 2 steel rods running across our two doors to protect us from an accident.
When you say chipped, how do they work? And is there any specific brand/model/type I should consider? Any side effects to having a chip?
There is an entire section on chippng (flashing your ECU). Check it out, there is good information there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cRazEYgUy said:
Gunny said:
Is it a ZX3 or an SVT Focus? Those numbers you gave were in the SVt range. I can't say what gain he will get fro a SC, but I can tell you that a standard ZX3 is in the 110 to 115 HP range. I had one try and pass me to cut me off and turn one day, and I'll tell you it never happened. And that was while driving a 4.0 straight six Wrangler... hahahahahhahahah
He has a ZX3 (NOT SVT).....100% sure on this one. As for the numbers, like I said, I personally don't know enough to argue, but he has been known to make up crap..... :p
What kind of toon puts a super charger on a Focus? I don't think this guy is for real. You should be able to take him easily. I doubt if he really has a super charger even.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts