Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just wondering if my 2001 VR6 is pre-wired for fog lights? Cause I have two weird wires in the front of my car that lead to nothing. Are these the wires that would connect to fog lights? And can I get the fog lights from VW?

Thanks!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
fog light are built into the headlight assembly

it would be located under the turn signal

there are no OEM fog lights that go in the bumpers

if you had fog lights at 1 point you should have a light switch with fog light position on it

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh okay. By chance do you what those wires are that I'm talking about? They end right where the right and left valence
holes are and have a clip to hold them in place.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i have no idea

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
I know I'm not in the mkv thread, but I know what your talking about. The wires are for fog lights, they just need to be activated by a VDUB stealership only.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you're saying even if I got fog lights and connected them, that they wouldn't work? Well unless I take it to VW?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I know I'm not in the mkv thread, but I know what your talking about. The wires are for fog lights, they just need to be activated by a VDUB stealership only.
completely wrong

there is know way to know what those wire are for unless you look to where they are connected

and if at some point it did power some type of aftermarket fog lights

then they should work if he wires them up right

no need for vag com

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
completely wrong

there is know way to know what those wire are for unless you look to where they are connected

and if at some point it did power some type of aftermarket fog lights

then they should work if he wires them up right

no need for vag com
Completely wrong??? I didn't say vagcom, what I said is a dealership has to activate them! Also, they're not for aftermarket lights, they're meant for factory lights.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Completely wrong??? I didn't say vagcom, what I said is a dealership has to activate them! Also, they're not for aftermarket lights, they're meant for factory lights.
yes completely wrong

if you would of read my previous post

you would know that mk4 do not have factory lights in the lower bumper like mk5 do

mk4 factory fog lights are located in the headlights

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Here are my OEM fogs

Its under the amber turn signal

Tapatalk This

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
yes completely wrong

if you would of read my previous post

you would know that mk4 do not have factory lights in the lower bumper like mk5 do

mk4 factory fog lights are located in the headlights
I understand that captain obvious, I'm saying is there is another location on your car. Which is on the bumper, and you can have a VDUB dealership install and activate them.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I understand that captain obvious, I'm saying is there is another location on your car. Which is on the bumper, and you can have a VDUB dealership install and activate them.
i have no idea where you are getting you information about a dealer needing to activate fog lights on a mk4

thats completely wrong

i have lower fog lights too

i didnt go to a dealership to activate them

and like i said there is no OEM lower fog lights

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
There isn't another location that came OEM. There would be no need for activating anything, just wiring them in properly to the switch for them to work. That is in a case of aftermarket fogs..

OP, can you please post pictures of said wires? It would make things MUCH easier.

They could be to your side markers for all I know... We aren't able to tell you exactly what it is without pictures, Or you tracing them back to the origination point.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Man Wilson, I have not seen your car in a long time. Did not know you had C5 wheels!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
thank you

another mk4 person thats knows what they are talking about

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Man Wilson, I have not seen your car in a long time. Did not know you had C5 wheels!
yea gold C5 with polished lip

put them on the day b4 waterfest

check my thread for a few more pictures

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My apologies guys. After browsing ECStuning, I stumbled upon my answer. They are my ambient air temperature sensors. Thanks for the help though guys. It's always appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts