Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at a 07 4 door (pkg 2) DSG at 27000. many of my friends have told me i should get a 2 door because it looks cool ,and it great on gas. my problem is that i have a wife who a racer her self and likes 2 doors more then 4. The thing is about my wife is that she's pregnet so i want the 4 door for the baby sit and you dont see 4 door GTIs out there at all. what should i do ???

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the 4 door seems more practical for you. i donno the weight difference between the 2 and 4 door but they are the same lenght... if i were you... i would get the 2 door and make yer wife get a minivan haha.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got the two door, but soon after wanted the 4 door because it's way more practical and you end up having to let your friends pull the seat up and get in before you.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i only have 1 backseat in mine so if someon wants to get in the back i make them get in through the trunk hah. or if the passanger is nice they will let them through there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The two door odel actually has more leg room in the back. If someone needs a ride, they can go through the passenger side. And I'm actually going to remove the backseat soon, to lighten up my fast.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Performance of the GLI is identical to that of the GTI, i have DSG transmission and its fast!
So much fun to drive, and looks very unassuming from the back, and then they hear you peel out and wonder what the hell kind of jetta that was.

I thought the same thing about the jetta for a while to, but this thing has major cajones, and the front is identical to the GTI, 4 doors and the trunk is plenty big.

It works for me because plenty of my friends were making jokes about me getting a jetta, telling me to put a lei on the rearview mirror and a sorority sticker on the back.... and then they race me and think twice about what they said.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sorta in the same boat.

I test drove and fell in love with the GTI. The dealer only has 2 doors on the lot. They think they can get one in from somewhere in NY that has the options I want etc. Im in Texas by the way.

I think I could live with the 2-door but I feel like if I get it I will always think "gee, a 4 door would have been nicer"......however If I do score a 4 door I doubt I would ever say "gee, I think a 2 door would have been nicer"...know what I mean?

That being said. I rarely have anyone in my car other than my 6 year old son. This GTI would be for me driving him to school and me to and from work, and the occasional errand on the weekend. Anything else we take the family CRV (which we just bought). It has the baby seat for our 5 month old and has all the room we need for trips and weekend outings. The GTI would not be used as the "family car". In a rare occasion I might have to pic up my daughter (baby seat) so that might be a hassle if I got the 2-door version though.....also my wife seems to think the 2 door would get old real quick as far as losing the ability to have better access to the rear seating area for any bags, clothes, or whatever.

The 2 door is tempting though...they have one on the lot that has everything I want and are ready to make a killer deal on it..........but the 4 door isn't all that much more money.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If I was in your posistion I would get the 4 door. Its more practical for you. Even though you don't plan on using your GTi as a family car, your going to need space when your kids have friends over, etc. And other than two extra doors, its exactly the same car. 4 doors makes more sense. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i think i'm going to go with the 4 door. although i think there a company out there that might give the volkwagen a run for its money, it saturn. the reason i say that is becuase of the astra, and many cars down the road. i think their going to come after us.

·
Registered
352 Posts
gtilover07 said:
yeah i think i'm going to go with the 4 door. although i think there a company out there that might give the volkwagen a run for its money, it saturn. the reason i say that is becuase of the astra, and many cars down the road. i think their going to come after us.
do you live in england?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Geed grief. The Saturn sucks! Period! 4 door GTI's are ugly. 2 doors are the only way to go. if you insist on sticking a baby seat in it, buy the Saturn so you don't give us FAST people a bad name.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts