Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1998 GTI non-turbo, I am looking to put a stage 1 air intake in it and a new exhaust system into it any ideas on parts or where I could find them for a decent price also brand suggestions. I am new to modding my GTI so I really am just looking for advice on it I have looked around on google for a while and cam up empty handed for MKIII. Any advice will be helpful for this lonely noob :p

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I own a 1998 GTI non-turbo, I am looking to put a stage 1 air intake in it and a new exhaust system into it any ideas on parts or where I could find them for a decent price also brand suggestions. I am new to modding my GTI so I really am just looking for advice on it I have looked around on google for a while and cam up empty handed for MKIII. Any advice will be helpful for this lonely noob :p
Welcome to the forums and happy modding! I'm not familiar with the 1998 GTI at all, just wanted to welcome you to the site. Someone will eventually chime in, but this site really becomes deserted after 11:00pm so they will respond in the morning. I know that the guys at spturbo.com really know what they're doing with your car so maybe give them a call tomorrow for some advice? They built the first 800+ whp FWD VW... lol

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Do you own the 2.0 or the vr6?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Neuspeed makes a great sounding exhaust, intake you can either do a cold air intake or do a drop in filter and modify the factory air box for more air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had a magnaflow cat-back and neuspeed intake on my 98 vr6. i always got compliments on how it sounded and it pissed my girlfriend's parents off so i was a happy camper. haha. the exhaust was quiet when idling or just normal but if you got on it, it really opened up the sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts