Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've done a lot of work to this car, and had a lot done in the last fews months.

The problem started out as, i would be driving around just cruising, and the power would cut, rpms dropped to 1k, no acceleration when the pedal is pressed. Once i take the car out of gear, it dies. When i turn it over it just keeps turning, but wont start. Pumping the gas dosen't work, and there is no smell of gas. Now i just tried to start it, and it wont start, without it ever dying while out driving. Just wondering if anyone would have an idea, my dad and i think it has something to do with fuel systems. When i let the car sit for a few hours, it starts up no problem.

LIST OF WORK DONE

Internal Fuel pump replaced
New Fuel filter
fuel pressures re-adjusted (by a shop)
Spark plugs and wires are replaced and correctly gapped.
New Alternator
new O2 sensor
New exhaust

Any Help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You need 3 things for an engine to run air, fuel and spark the first thing I would check spark first it should be the easiest and cleanest. Just pull the number one plug leave it attached to the boot and let the threaded end rest on a piece of metal like the valve cover, Have someone crank the engine over while you watch the electrode for spark. If you have spark check fuel pressure, if not check the igntion cap coil rotor etc......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts