Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting the 07' GTI soon, is the 18' 'Hufeisen' Alloy Wheels upgrade worth getting? I've heard they're not but i want the opinion of people who have driven on them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Seanm538 said:
I plan on getting the 07' GTI soon, is the 18' 'Hufeisen' Alloy Wheels upgrade worth getting? I've heard they're not but i want the opinion of people who have driven on them.
They're certainly a LOT easier to clean than the 17" 14-spokes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I really like my 18" Hufs. They are easy to clean, I like the way they feel and the way they look. ....of course, I've never driven my gti on anything but them, so I don't have a real comparison. The only thing I really don't like about them is that snow/ice can get packed into them really pretty easily which causes a serious vibration until it melts out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know i'll be laughed at, but I'd trade my 18" for the stock wheels in a heartbeat. The 18" for me are much less forgiving with the ride, and much more noisy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Keep them Huffs on the car, best lookin rim for the new GTI. I cant stand chrome rims and them bling bling ones.

·
Registered
193 Posts
john864 said:
i think the huffs are awesome but the dealer didnt have them so i had to settle for the 17's
u shouldnt have settled...... It took almost 2 weeks for the dealer to find my car and get it there

well worth the wait ;D

·
Registered
230 Posts
i believe these are the wheels that come stock on the fahrenheit edition, they're really nice but your gonna feel the road a little more than the 17's...but not enough of a margine to make you just stick with the 17's

the huffs really are nice looking and still ride well so its pretty much how you like to ride, if you have the money and the forgivingness? then i'd def go with the 18s

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the huf's and i LOVE them. very easy to clean, and look sharp when they're moving too! the two-tone look was a great idea too. when i went to look for one, they didn't have any of the 18s on the exact pkg i wanted so they swapped them on a different one. if you have to wait for them to deliver, it's worth it!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
hands down...18" huffs, when i see a GTI on the road, one of the 1st things i do is check out the rims when i see the 18" huffs im like hells yea!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have and would recommend the 18" Huffs. A good deal at $750 upcharge. I test drove the 17" also and could not tell much difference in the ride. What I don't understand is why some folks are getting their Huffs powder coated, painted, or chromed. But isn't there a running line change to make the 17" stock a Huff look alike called "Denver"? I think the multi spoke is on its way out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have huff's & love them & everyone that has seen my car likes them too. I opted for the all-season tires for longer tire life. & they're the easiest wheels to clean!:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
i love the 18in hufeison wheels. I think it would be like buying a "GTI" without the "I" if you didnt have them.......... :'(
Exspecialy when they are powdercoated black. Have you seen the black ones on this forum? One word, "Sexy."

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yeah the Huff's are great. I'm a big fan of subdued and not fancy looking...if it's light and strong, it's good with me...screw all that chrome garbage that all the gangsta's are riding on these days...I hate that crap.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
banditscout said:
yeah the Huff's are great. I'm a big fan of subdued and not fancy looking...if it's light and strong, it's good with me...screw all that chrome garbage that all the gangsta's are riding on these days...I hate that crap.
Amen brotha!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too have/love the Huf's. I live in AZ where the roads are quite smooth, but during the drive back fro MI, I was pleasantly surprised about the ride quality. They do resonate a little on sharp impacts, but not enough to go without. The handling for a front driver still impresses me.
PS-They do look cool too. O0

1 - 20 of 23 Posts