Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will assume everyone knows how to bolt a set of tires on to there car. I mounted up a set of 16" wheels, et47, with some Dunlop Winter Sport M3s today. The wheels bareley clear the calipers, but I will now be able to entertain my Fast in the snow. The wheels/tires do look small, especially after the 18's.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Rack has these wheels on closeout for $60. I really kind of like the way look considering how much smaller than the stock wheels they are.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'm eventually gonna make the stock 17s my winter wheels and get some really super nice rims as summer wheels... after I've payed the car off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
YO Clavos...Nice wheels! I'd like to get a set like that for my wife's GTI next winter...NOT the ugly black steel wheels tire rack seems to be pitching. Also...how do you like the 6sp. tranny mated to that 2.0 turbo? Any regrets not getting the DSG ? I've always enjoyed rowing the gears, but that DSG trans. sounds really tempting. Supposed to have lightning fast shifts or cruise city traffic and let the auto do the work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work at a BMW dealer and have played around with their SMG tranny, which is essentially the same as the DSG. It is fun, but I feel that the novelty would eventually wear off. I never tire of tossing the stick, and it is perfectly matched to the engine. It takes a while to get used to the amount of torque that this engine puts out.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My MKV has 17 which are perfect because there are so many potholes in my area that if i got the 18's i would of gotten a chipped rim or about 10 flats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts