Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I talked with my dealer and they said that the 16" steel wheels will not fit the brakes on my 07 GTI. I see alot of you are using them as a winter setup, which is what I want to do with them. What car are the rims you are getting for? Tirerack didn't have a 16" steel option for an 07 GTI, and I have heard the Rabbit's don't fit, so which wheels are people buying.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I went to tire discount today to get a price on this exact thing and it took them awhile to get the right wheels but they were able to find them, when i get home tomorrow i will look and see exactly which wheels they were and get back to you, oh and they quoted me 708 out the door for tires and wheels. is that good or no?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Okay so the quote was for Unique 16 inch steel wheels and then for Michelin X-Ice winter tires. i don't know a lot about tires are these ones any good?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought OEM steelies (16") - I didn't want to risk not having the proper wheels. They were $100 CDN each, so with Michelin X-Ice I spent over a grand on winters, but for one thing tires are stupid expensive in Canada. It's also something you don't wanna skimp out on. I'm very happy with the snow performance of the X-Ice, but not so much the wet performance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just went to Discount Tire, told them the make and model and they were able to find the ones I needed. Before going to DT, I found the exact same setup on Tire Rack using, 07' 2.0\GTI\2DR. DT matched -4% what i found on TR. I just checked TR again, and was able to pull up the steelies. I do not think they are available alone, you have to hit the link off the home page "Winter Tire & Wheel Package".

The Damage...
16" Steel Wheels + Hankook iPike W409 Studded Tires = $582 w/ tax

Oh-yea, DT moved over my TPMS for an extra 24.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts