My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I tested it to be pretty accurate at a roadside speed testing device. It said I was "TOO FAST" only when I was doing a sliver above the speed limit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The speedo is off. There's an easy way to check if you have the climatronic system.

While holding the Econ button, press the air circulation up button.
Turn the drivers side temperature control knob so that the drivers temp screen reads 190
Turn the fan speed knob so that the temp screen reads 191
Now you can see your actual speed on the passengers temp screen.
When you're done playing just press the Econ button again and it exits the diagnostic mode!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had a customer come by yesterday who had his GTI clocked by radar at 136 at PIR (Portland International Raceway) He said the speedo was accurate. So this could help dispell both the 130 limit and the inaccurate speedo. If anyone else has their GTI clocked above the 130 limit, please post it. As for the climate control speed, I've never heard of anything like that. But as soon as I get my hands on another PK2 I'll let you know for sure if it works or not.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't work i tryed it unless i did it wrong explain by showing pics so i know what buttons to hit. Do i do it over 100mph or anytime?

·
Registered
398 Posts
blackmagic said:
The speedo is off. There's an easy way to check if you have the climatronic system.

While holding the Econ button, press the air circulation up button.
Turn the drivers side temperature control knob so that the drivers temp screen reads 190
Turn the fan speed knob so that the temp screen reads 191
Now you can see your actual speed on the passengers temp screen.
When you're done playing just press the Econ button again and it exits the diagnostic mode!
This does work! Attached is a document which shows everything you can diagnose through a climatronic system (Pkg #2 only)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey there guys I hit 140 mph in my Mk V and had a buddy of mine clock me at 137 mph with a speed radar. Consider the radar has not been calibrated in years it still felt like a respectable 137 mph. It seemed a bit familiar to my fastest trip at about 155 mph.

·
Registered
261 Posts
10bv01 said:
what car did you hit 155 in?
1996 Ford Mustang - Long tube headers w/ flowmasters, Diablo chip, 373 gears, Cold air intake and larger injectors (don`t know size).

155mph Turnpike - North Bound - Miami to Ft. Lauderdale for about 7 minutes.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts