Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Today I hit 1000 in my GTI. Here are few things I've noticed along the way.

VW owners seem friendly to one another.. I had an Audi before and other TT owners never gave a nod or a wave or anything, and A4 and A6.. not even a glance.

My Fahrenheit seems to be a rice magnet as I can't seem to stop at a red light without someone in a Civic or Mazda pulling up and revving.. (or one case of totally stir fried Chevy Cobalt.. that thing was so sad looking I felt sorry for the car)

The 2.0T is totally superior to the 1.8T (at least in stock form)

Much to my surprise, I really like the DSG.. I've been driving a manual for a long time, I derserve to be lazy for a while.

The Top Sport seats feel better the longer you use them.

Since I hit 1000, break in is over.. time to unchain the FAST!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Fahrenheit_618 said:
My Fahrenheit seems to be a rice magnet as I can't seem to stop at a red light without someone in a Civic or Mazda pulling up and revving.. (or one case of totally stir fried Chevy Cobalt.. that thing was so sad looking I felt sorry for the car)
Any FAST is a rice magnet ;)

I get more people revving at me than I do when I'm on my motorcycle LOL

(Did you notice your exhaust starts to get louder w/ miles?)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. I bought min in the middle of a snow/ice storm. Fortunately it came with Dunlop Sport 01 A/S tires, and not the summer ones. It grips good. I had no problem in about 3 inches of slush. It ain't quattro, but it did nicely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks and that is comforting. The Cleveland area weather can be pretty special -just ask the Indians who will be playing their "home" opener in Milwaukee tonight (the real deal will be Friday April 13th vs. the White Sox). A few years ago, I went a little crazy driving the TT Quatro with performance tires.

I'll be the proud owner of #245 (all season tires) as soon as my husband pays for it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts