Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is just another reason to get those damn lights turned off.

I work for Chrysler and a guy came in the other day with a 300C and it has the same xenon headlights as the ones on the GTI, he had a burnt headlight bulb.

The cost of just the BULB was $305.00, yes $305.00 for ONE headlight bulb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I recommended to replace them in pairs!! =)

Just think to yourself how you are gonna feel when the warranty runs out and you have a headlight burn out.

The longer they're on the quicker they burn out.

BTW - the 300Cs DO NOT HAVE DRLs!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dragon said:
Are you sure bulbs are even covered as warranty items? I'd think not...
Bulbs are covered 4 years / 50000 miles , they have always been covered on my other gtis , and I had 2 2003s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
strangs_fast said:
i dont know about that i had a tail light bulb go out and it wasnt covered under my warenty
Then your dealer ripped you off, or I have some amazing powers of persuasion!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
mofo529 said:
strangs_fast said:
i dont know about that i had a tail light bulb go out and it wasnt covered under my warenty
Then your dealer ripped you off, or I have some amazing powers of persuasion!!!!!
yea u really got them..... they payed 20 whole cents for that bulb

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xxxfast said:
mofo529 said:
strangs_fast said:
yea u really got them..... they payed 20 whole cents for that bulb
No, they were always headlight bulbs or fog light bulbs so they were at least $10.00 each.

Thank you for playing though!

·
Registered
635 Posts
amazing powers of BS flowing out the mouth...thanks for playing! it prob does take 20 cents to make a bulb the dealer prob gets them for dirt cheap...so yeah

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I mean really... if his dealership replaces his bulbs under warranty, then hey, he just saved "twenty cents" or 10 bucks or whatever. Can't we all just get along?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kryptonkid07 said:
I mean really... if his dealership replaces his bulbs under warranty, then hey, he just saved "twenty cents" or 10 bucks or whatever. Can't we all just get along?
Exactly, this is why websites like this (and vortex) suck so bad, no one can ever just take the information given to them and say "thanks for the heads up" or just leave it alone.

The point of the post wasn't to get into a pissing match about when the warranty on bulbs runs out or how much a god damn brake light bulb costs. I was trying to prep you people for when you have a headlight burn out (and if it's not covered under warranty) you're going to have to shell out $300.00 (or more) for a damn bulb.

That's all.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Yeah, everyone's so wound up sometimes... some people more than others. It's like they're looking for a "fight". We all love our cars, that's all that matters.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Haha! are you serious? Please tell me "e-thuggery" is something you made up. Because if you did it's funny. If it's for real... then it's sad.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Haha! are you serious? Please tell me "e-thuggery" is something you made up. Because if you did it's funny. If it's for real... then it's sad.
Any questions?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Hahaha! Funny and sad.
E-thugs, also known as Keyboard Kommandos...

So yeah, back on topic: I want the option to turn off my DRLs... I also recall that hitting a certain speed turns your lights on automatically- can that be disabled w/ VAG-Com?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts