Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to getting a frankenturbo!! In the near future, and was wondering if a f4h-t would achieve that time for a 1/4 mile just with the kit tuning and injector ??? Or is the f 23 frankenturbo a better option to achieve that goal ?? Also I was wondering if the f23 can just bolt on to your oem exhaust manifold or do u have to get a manifold for it ???? I've been looking at this stuff for a while but no answers so any help will b apppreciated !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I'm looking to getting a frankenturbo!! In the near future, and was wondering if a f4h-t would achieve that time for a 1/4 mile just with the kit tuning and injector ??? Or is the f 23 frankenturbo a better option to achieve that goal ?? Also I was wondering if the f23 can just bolt on to your oem exhaust manifold or do u have to get a manifold for it ???? I've been looking at this stuff for a while but no answers so any help will b apppreciated !!!
BTW I have a 2003 1.8t (tiptronic) :(

·
Registered
556 Posts
BTW I have a 2003 1.8t (tiptronic) :(
Let's start here, you have an auto, which is not a performance auto, and does not handle power any further than stock. I don't know all that goes into switching out an auto trans for a manual, if it's possible or not, but typically the answer to performance folks that are starting with an auto trans is go low and slow.

Others can chime in on the turbo stuff, I am not familiar with that turbo

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

A real need to watch if you want a frankenturbo.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
fail on the auto

going to break down half way down the track

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I know auto trans suck I got a dam good deal though when I got it though .... About being low .... It's on the list probably next yr ima bag it ..... So auto trans won't b able to handle the power ??? Would manual get those #s with that setup though???

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
your auto is worthless. It will just break. Sell it and buy one with the third pedal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ya I know auto trans suck I got a dam good deal though when I got it though .... About being low .... It's on the list probably next yr ima bag it ..... So auto trans won't b able to handle the power ??? Would manual get those #s with that setup though???
And this, Getting a good deal on an auto for the purpose of performance is like getting a good deal on HIV. You don't want it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha ya I know Wat u mean I got my CAR 3 yrs ago but I've been reading a lot on how much power u get from these things man.. I think ill still go ft and risk my trans lol.... Anyone here ft ?? Can u keep up wit stock evos nd stis

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was reading a lol bit about his build ... What do u mean it read Like.a bitch ??
To me, it sounded like a bitch to convert auto to manual trans.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I was reading a lol bit about his build ... What do u mean it read Like.a bitch ??
It's not worth building that car with the slush box you have. Sell it and get a manual. It can't even handle stock power.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It's not worth building that car with the slush box you have. Sell it and get a manual. It can't even handle stock power.

Go low and slow

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya I see what all of u are saying... Ya ill probably ly just sell it and get me a stick and go low,nd mediocrely fast lol thanx for the input guys much <3 my dubbers

·
Registered
80 Posts
But ya to answer your question you can easily achieve those numbers with a big turbo and manual trans

1 - 17 of 17 Posts