Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm a GTi owner here in Taiwan, I purchased a 07 GTi with DSG in Jan and modded with GIAC chips, EVO intake and Forge DV, I went to a local track last weekend and did a quarter mile run, the result was a surprisingly 13.94! I was wonder if anyone also have ran quarter miles and what are your results? Thank you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats an awsome time man!! im gna be goin this sumer a few times.. mines stock but hopefully by then ill have a p-flo and stage 1 apr ..really hope ill be in the mid 14s.. if im still stok i realy wna be in the 14s prolly will be in the high 14s though hehe
but 13s is nice im sure u can run better though with some very minimal tuning or extras?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i still never went to the track yet but cant wait to go. hopefully within a month or 2 i will be able to get a time :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey, you guys still have to work on the launches don't you? I was watching some videos talking about DSG launches and different methods, other than using the launch control or whatever.

I still give props to the driver... i'm not into patting machines on the back :p

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
hey great time.
any idea what your trap speed was?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The first time I went to the track I had a 14.90 In s mode and just floored it. My second pass I used the LC and ran 14.70. I had alot of wheel hop on the second pass if I would of reacted better to the wheel hop I'm sure I would have been in the 14.60's. So this weekend I went back and made seven runs the track was alittle damp it kept trying to rain.I could'nt break out of the 14.90's but I was also hot lapping. I was spinning like hell I was burning the tires well in to third. But I do have one thing to be happy about I killed a older m3. He ran a 14.10 and then proceeded to challenge me. I said whatever and started to walk away knowing he can beat me then I hear him tell his friend I'm scared. I said lets go I'm sure you'll win but I'm not scared. Then I kicked his bmw ass by two cars. He may have broke or spun he only ran a 16.40 and I took the win. O0

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ran a 15.00 with my stock GLI, its an 06 so I don't have LC. My buddy's 07 with LC ran a 14.47 with a 0-60 time of 6.3 and the only mod is an injen intake.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
im all about races that involve tight corners and picking the best line to inter them with, but im kinda intrigued as to what it would run as well. we are at a disadvantage with the fwd, but heck, its all fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the DSG helped a bit and I was also able to control my wheel hop to minimum...will try again in couple of months after my down pipe is installed...

One thing I also did was shift around 6250 rpm before red line...I think that's when the power starts to drop

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my 08 GTI last week to the track and all i have is a neuspeed p-flo air intake done and my car did 14.54 on a quarter mile o and i did mess up on a take off lol but i think it did good time . [gti]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
not bad gogy.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I took my 08 GTI last week to the track and all i have is a neuspeed p-flo air intake done and my car did 14.54 on a quarter mile o and i did mess up on a take off lol but i think it did good time . [gti]
Not bad at all for almost stock. :) DSG or MT?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok so i took it to the track today it ran a 14.813 @ 92 mph with 2.2 60ft time.I only got one run before it was rained out, i didnt even get a full throttle launch. It was my first time to take it to the track im thikning i could have squeezed a 14.5 out of her. What do yall think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went tonight and ran 14.4's and a few 14.5's and I have stageII, First time at track, but Floorin it with a decent launch in S mode, figured I would put down better numbers then that. I was running 97-98mph into the traps, pretty f'n fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.