Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there...
I've been having some electrical issues with my car. a couple weeks ago I had to replace two relays for the clutch and the horn. yesterday I was driving with the ac on, and the fan stopped blowing momentarily, but then continued. I stopped at the grocery store, and upon returning to my car I had no fan (and therefore no ac). I thought it might be a fuse, but I'm missing the fuse diagram for my fuse box, and it's not in the manual and the VW dealer didn't have anything either (!). I started removing fuses yesterday to check them, and after doing that my radio (the monsoon system) isn't working - the little red security light isn't even flashing. I'm freaking out cuz a)my car isn't that old and I hope I'm not getting one of those VW's with electrical nightmares b)I live in the south and it's hot out there and no ac is just not cool and c)no radio makes for very introspective, but long drives. my car is too quiet now. no blower fan, no radio. I stop at a light or stop sign and I feel like I'm in a hybrid it's so quiet...

any suggestions? anyone have a fuse diagram they could scan? thanks in advance for the help -
brandon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man I live in FL and I can def feel you on the heat and no ac. I say take it to a dealership if it's under warranty. Other than that I can't really be of any help, but good luck. O0

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'll see if i can get a pic of mine later today, as i'm at work right now. STILL. went to work last night at 1100 for skeleton crew and 13 hours later, i'm still here waiting on the maintenance meeting to end. :mad:

later,

newb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Take it to the dealer under guarranty. My '02 had the Monsoon replaced twice under guarantee. That car blew fuse averyother week and radios every other year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the south too man, and so I feel you on this one, but I just recently had my radio catch fire and fry most of my wires under my dash. no radio.. and im a music major in college. no windshield wipers.. and its rained the past week. haha rainx is my best friend right now.

as for your problem, i do a lot of electrical repairs and have some diagrams and i might could help you a little, but i would just say take it to the VW place and just get them to do it.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Which Fuse Diagram would you like? I have the Haynes manual... And a scanner ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just had my stock monsoon deck go out today. It has to be a fuse. I won't have anytime to check it this week, due to finals.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Fuse or a short in the stereo. Just upgrade the stereo and DIY install, saves the trouble and if you install a fuse into the power wire it always has power, just pull off the faceplate and it cuts the power, keeps light blinking :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.